World yoyo contest random question!!!!!!

There are no terrible yo-yoers. Perhaps they were just having a bad day. Or maybe they didn’t fully think out their routine. To say they were terrible is kind of a rude thing to say. it takes lots of guts and skill to get on stage and yoyo in front of hundreds of people. I think even if they didn’t do their best they still deserve some respect for doing what they do.

2 Likes

Preach.

2 Likes

Competitive yoyoing is really inconsistent, and its honestly unfair to judge a player’s skills based on a single freestyle. Honestly if you make it onto the Worlds stage that by itself is a HUGE accomplishment

1 Like

What about wild card?

I was thinking more of starting from prelims because anyone can compete in wildcard I believe

What do you guys think is a easy national to place higher in that youcan do without a seed

Austria nationals, last years only around 6 people competed. France can be also quite easy.

According to the website:

So basically, go to the smallest National contest available and you’re pretty much guaranteed a spot. Bina said that the Austrian Nats had 6 people, so one could pretty much enter that with nothing but a double or nothing and make prelims. :stuck_out_tongue:

but all nationals need a seed correct

Not all of them. I highly doubt that a National contest with only 6 people in needs a regional seed.

Last time I went to UK Nationals you didn’t need a seeding to compete, and I don’t believe that has changed… our scene is pretty small here so it’s not like anything is required to cut down competitor numbers. :slight_smile:

You do actually have to have a real tie to a country (citizen, legal resident, etc) in order to compete at a national contest for worlds qualification/seeding.

1 Like

We also have a Semi Pro dev. (last year 3 Contestants) which you have to win in order to enter Pro dev the next year. also you need legal residentship to be considered austrian champion. But it is true, we are members of the IYYF and also used our seeds to Prelims and Semi Finals @ the Worlds in Prague.

You are welcome to give it a shot @ our 1A Open dev. that is crowded with European top Players from Hungary, Czech Rep and Slovakia. But to win that will only award you glory and goodies.

thats for all nationals I assume

Do you have to get seeded for the women’s division at worlds?

Why should that be any different?

Women division is open to anybody as any other division. Japan had to run Wildcard round, but there were no seeds.

for all of them?

Yes

Then how does someone like paolo bueno compete at the us nationals and the brazil nationals?

You can compete in any contest you want, you just won’t qualify to be seeded from all of them except the one in your country or region.

1 Like