How Do You Oatmeal?

For me, with almonds and honey. If I can, I’ll add vanilla ice cream. It’s heavenly.

Honey and assorted nuts.

Oatmeal, frozen strawberries, almond milk, Greek yogurt, small amount of protein powder for sweetness + liquefy in vitamix blender = done

With a lot of chocolate chips. That’s the only way I can handle it.

Sugar and applesauce!

Cinnamon and craisens

Brown Suger!

I don’t.

honey/maple syrup and banana

I buy the Quaker “fruit and cream” assorted in the box of instant oatmeal. I am obsessed with the bananas and cream, but there are only two packets in the whole box. ??? I wrote to them to see if I could buy a box of only the banana. They said they used to make a whole box of banana, but they didn’t sell well enough. :frowning: So, I buy tons of boxes at the supermarket just to get the banana, and work my way through the rest of them in the boxes. I like them in this order:

1. Banana
  2. Blueberry
  3. Peach
  4. Strawberry

So, I end up with a lot of Peach and strawberry lying around. I prefer cold cereal in the Summer, but I do eat it year around.

Oatmeal is way better than Cream of Wheat! :smiley: Oh, and I prefer mine with milk, or half milk and half water. All water is not nearly as good, but if I’m out of milk, I roll with it. I had to go down to the kitchen for this one. #foodandyoyos

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/689/20920905230_d4c9dd784c_z.jpgOatmeal by Total Artist, on Flickr

I’m assuming you guys are talking about what I would refer to as “Porridge”.

I take mine bare, just oats ‘n’ milk. I used to have salt on mine but decided it probably wasn’t doing my heart any favours so now I just have it naked with some cow juice. :slight_smile:

Do y’all have porridge and raisin cookies?

I eat salty oatmeal. The parsley one.

This is cool that this happened to be a thread because I recently started making oatmeal for myself. I use 1/2 cup of old fashion Quaker oat meal, one cup of milk, and add some raisins and honey after if is done. Pretty great meal when you’re sick of the cold cereal.

No, we would call those “Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies”, even though we don’t call the plain oats themselves “Oatmeal”. Now I think about it it’s all a bit strange… I don’t know what to believe. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol I never thought to put salt in my oatmeal. I usually use milk instead of water.

Step one - pour maple and brown sugar oatmeal into a bowl
Step two - add about 3/4 cup of milk
Step three - add brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cinnamon
Step four - add one whole graham cracker and smash it/mix it into the bowl
Step five - mix all together
Step six - microwave for 1 min. 10 seconds
Step seven - remove bowl and add frozen blueberries
Step eight - microwave for 40 seconds
Step nine - remove bowl and add 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
Step ten - microwave for ten seconds
Step eleven - remove bowl, wait one minute before eating and enjoy the best oatmeal you have ever tasted! ;D

So many steps just to enjoy oatmeal. Lol

I like my oatmeal simple. Oats, water, a pinch of salt and then I’ll toss in some brown sugar or fresh fruit. Green apples or banana being my two most common. Sometimes I toss a big spoon or two of cloudberry jam in there, fresh cloudberries if I’m lucky enough. Too bad anything cloudberry is super expensive. Those things still have to be hand harvested in the wild.

Cloudberries? Never heard of em