Free Artistic Video Contest - Eli Hops Fundraiser - $500.00 Grand Prize

Posted with permission from YoYoExpert:

Hello everyone. Granny Smith is back & is ready to give back. The Eli Hops Artistic Yoyo Video Contest is once again underway. Get your cameras rolling and your creative juices flowing and help Granny Smith “make it rain” some major cash on the Eli Hops Foundation.

Here are the rules for the Granny Smith Productions Eli Hops AP Video contest 2015.

Your video must be an ARTISTIC performance roughly 2 to 6 minutes in length.
Yo-yo must be an important part of the performance but the story, message and entertainment value are the most important parts. We are excited to see your micro-movies!
The content must be clean- anything much more than a “PG-13” will be disqualified. Please avoid: profanity, drug use or references, violence for the sake of violence, and excessive alcohol use. We would like these videos to present the yoyo community in a positive manner.
Though not mandatory, it is greatly appreciated if you use music that is either original or free to use. Many people view YouTube on mobile apps and we want them to be able to see your movie too!
Videos MUST be uploaded to YouTube and then posted here on the Eli Hops facebook wall. You must tag Eli Hops.
There is no “theme” to the contest. Let your imagination run wild! All types of films are welcome: serious or dramatic film, political or social statement, musical or silent film, thriller, horror, comedy or noir! Just remember that artistic impression is the most important of the judging criteria- it’s not about how many string hits or technical tricks you can fit in the time frame, but the overall story line and performance factor.
All entries MUST INCLUDE the Eli Hops Foundation and Granny Smith logos at the start or finish of the film and the YouTube title format MUST be this: “2015 EHF/GSP AP video contest: (title of your film)”. Only entries with the appropriate title format and are searchable publicly on YouTube will be accepted.
Any previously published video, whether published for this or any other contest or just for fun may not be submitted for this contest. All entries must be new creations.
Entries can be submitted starting September 12 and you have until October 10 to get those entries in! Winners will be announced and prize money will be awarded within 72 hours of the contest end.
How does this benefit the EHF you ask? That’s easy! Granny Smith Productions will be donating $100 to the Eli Hops Foundation for each of the first 10 films submitted. That’s a $1000 donation! After the first 10, Granny Smith Productions will donate $20 for EVERY FILM SUBMITTED!
The more films that are submitted, the more money is made for the Eli Hops Foundation! That being said, the maximum number of entries per person is 2 films.
Please feel free to ask if you have any questions and happy filming!
*Team members/partners/owners and affiliates of The Eli Hops Foundation, and Granny Smith Productions are encouraged to enter videos, which will increase the donation to Eli Hops, but are not eligible to receive any prizes or placement.
To receive money you must have an operable PayPal account.
In the event that more than one person is involved in the making of a winning entry, the prize money/item will be awarded to the yo-yoer in the film. If there are more than one yo-yoer in a money winning entry the winnings will be delivered to a single Paypal account (determined by the entrants) and dividing the monetary winnings will be the responsibility of the winning party…
All prizes are picked and given out solely at the discretion of the judging officials in the contest – The Eli Hops Foundation and Granny Smith Productions and are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Any and all entered films remain the property of the entrants/producers of the film- however The Eli Hops Foundation and Granny Smith Productions reserve the right to utilize any or all parts of any entry in any manner they deem fit (I.E. further advertisement or use as examples for future contests, etc)
Violation of any of the stated rules can result in disqualification of your entry.
NO ENTRY FEE!!!
Total minimum cash to be awarded $1000.00
Total minimum Grand Prize of $500.00
Remainder of monies to be awarded in amounts and prizes at the discression of the contest sponsor, Granny Smith Productions.

The Artistic Yoyo Video Contest will begin accepting submissions in a little over a week. Get your creative juices flowing and get your chance to win hard cold cash all while helping a good cause. The contest is free to enter!!!

:)!

Here are the logos that should appear in the video

Today is the day!!! The first day I enter!!! Who’s going to be the first to help raise $100.00 for Eli Hops?!?

I’m going to enter, I think. Happy to help raise money

1 Like

p

Me to I’m happy to make $one CA$H MON€¥!!!

1 Like

We’re still waiting for that 1st entry, which means we’re still waiting for the 1st donation. Come on yoyo peeps!!! Help Granny Smith “make it rain” some major cash on the Eli Hops Foundation!!!

Working on it, :slight_smile:

1 Like

Contest ends this Saturday at 11:59pm Pacific Time. Get your entries in before its to late to help a good cause & win some cash!!!

This 1st entry is not eligible for prizes due to the creator’s association with Eli Hops, but it generates the 1st $100.00 donation!!!

Working on it, don’t worry!

EDIt Almost done

1 Like

Our 2nd entry comes from South Africa!!! This video is a must see!!!

That is a great video! Mine is like way different, but I love all the types of vids

1 Like

The awesome videos for this contest keep coming in. Check out this touching video.

Is the deadline October 10 at like 11:59 EST, or is it the dawn of October 10? I hope it is the former, because I am having trouble with a glitch but with a little bit more time I can get it fixed. Thanks!

11:59 pm PACIFIC time, not Eastern Time. This is just before midnight of Sunday morning on the West Coast. I hope this clarifies and is helpful information.

Okay cool, that means I can do it until 2:59 AM on 10/11, because of time conversion. This helped a lot. Thanks! Will get video back on track as soon as possible

The contest ends in just under 38 hours. Get those entries in for your chance to score major cash while helping a good cause!!!

The excellently entertaining video submissions keep coming in. Check out these two entries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAYJ8Q52Djk&feature=youtu.be