2015 National Yoyo Contest

As it turns out, I got seeded at SEC on Saturday in the 5A division. My awesome grandfather will be taking me LA for nationals this year. Who else will I see compete and from where did you qualify?

I won’t be competing, but I’ll try to be there for sure. It would be nice to meet you!

I’m really hoping to go again this year, it’s just a matter of convincing my parents to let me use their frequent flyer and hotel points… They weren’t willing to let me use them to go to internationals, but maybe I can find a way to convince them for a bigger contest.

If you come, bring me a shout in any colorway. I’ll bring some cash. :smiley:

I’d be happy to meet any and all, that will be attending :smiley:

Word…

Looks like I will be going.

Cool! I still haven’t met you in person yet.

Yep! Guess I meet a new yye forum member every contest ;D

I’ll be there to watch! Already got plane tickets, but still need to find someone to split a hotel room with!

I wont be competing, BUT… I will gladly cheer you on at Nationals. Already have my hotel room reserved.

Awesome sauce

Will be competing in 4A and 1A. I’m gonna try for 5A too, but I still have to get a seed for that.
I got my 1a and 4a seeds from NJ States. It’s great that I don’t have to petition for 1a this year. I’m gonna try for a finals seed at NER.

Zorro, is your seed for finals or prelims?

Apparently, I am seeded in semi-finals, but I was not aware that they did those.

Fun fact: I was the first person to register.

Fun fact #2: I am still the only registered player.

Big contest update…competitors and attendees, please read everything!

Registration for US Nationals closes on Sunday night! We will not be accepting any competitors once registration has closed. If you are qualified to compete, get registered! If you have a friend that you know is competing and aren’t sure if they have registered, remind them!

Registration is here: http://bit.ly/1LhQpxr

Music upload is ready, and all competitors MUST upload their music in order to compete! Music upload ends Wednesday, September 23rd…get your music uploaded now, and please remember to check for a confirmation email (and double check your Spam folder if you don’t see it arrive in a timely fashion). If you don’t have a confirmation email, we don’t have your music.

Upload music here: http://bit.ly/1Lz9RS8

All spectators for finals MUST PURCHASE A TICKET! All registered competitors (both Championship and Sport) will receive a Finals ticket for free, but ALL other spectators will need to purchase a ticket. While some tickets will be available at the event, we highly encourage everyone to purchase their tickets in advance to help with our planning.

Purchase Finals tickets here: http://bit.ly/1iilcP0

Thanks everyone, for your support as we work on all of these upgrades and improvements to the US National YoYo Contest and the National YoYo League. We’re working hard to make sure that the NYYL can truly serve the needs of all US players and contest organizers, and we thank you for your patience and support during this period of growth.

1 Like

I’ll see you all there!!

What time will the vendors be setting up at the Performing Arts Center? :slight_smile:

Also will any vendors be setting up in the hotel on Friday night or Saturday Morning?

I haven’t been to nationals before so that is why I ask.

This will be a first time for me going to see nationals as well. Hopefully we will have easy access to the vendors, and don’t have to sit in our seat the entire time during finals and are able to walk around and check out the vendors and all that good stuff. and meeting new people and friends.