How to score better in Technical Execution?

So i was wondering how the judges determine how good your T. EX is in contests.

What are some things that get you a higher score here?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

From how I know, I would say cleaner tricks and more string hits.

1 Like

Ok thanks :slight_smile: At SCR I beat half the people who placed higher than me accept for overall T.EX :frowning:
So I guess that is something I need to work on. :slight_smile:

In general you can increase your T.Ex. score by doing more difficult tricks, or by fitting more trick elements into your freestyle. And like Gomel said, being cleaner with your execution will also help a lot. Mistakes can hurt your overall evaluation scores, but they also lower your T.Ex. score.

You want to try to find a balance between difficulty and consistency. More difficult tricks/trick elements will score higher, but if you are doing tricks you can only land half the time, the tricks you miss will probably cost you more points than you gain from adding difficulty. Push yourself to master difficult tricks/elements, but only put them in your freestyle when you feel you can do them pretty consistently.

Try to get as many trick elements into your routine as possible. If you have any dead time in your freestyle, such as taking extra time to relax between throws, etc, try to minimize it, unless you think you need to take that time to mentally regroup in order to land the upcoming tricks. If you can speed up your tricks without sacrificing cleanliness or consistency, that will help you get more tricks in as well. Not every trick has to be done fast, but try to learn which ones you can speed up while keeping the execution clean and consistent.

Use as much variety in trick elements as you can. Variety is part of the T.Ev. score, but it will also help your T.Ex. score because repeated trick elements score lower each time you repeat them, and may not be scored at all. For example, repeating the same mount, whip, laceration, etc. that you have already done wonโ€™t score as well as doing a new one. Cramming a bunch of fast string hits into your tricks might seem like a good way to add points because you have more trick elements, but just doing string hits without any purpose probably wonโ€™t score well because they will be low difficulty elements with little variety. If you have multiple tricks that use the same or similar elements, try to come up with new tricks or alter the ones you have to showcase more variety.

3 Likes

^^Sich a good explanation. I learn something new everyday.