Windows 10 Discussion - Because seven ate nine

Did my upgrade! Pretty happy about it. Have a gaming rig myself and no issues yet. ;D

Also, Chrome is cross platform, so it is valuable to be comfortable with it.
However, Edge integrates better with Windows 10 (i’m guessing). About the note-taking capability of Edge - do you ever use it? How about cortana - do you ever use that?

i can use cortana on my laptop cause it has my gaming headset on it so i have a mic… i didnt know you could take notes on edge…

you can literally draw on a web page. I’m guessing it would be especially useful on a touchscreen.

Yes I did try running it in compatibility mode but that does not work I also tried doing a fresh install of the game and that didn’t seam to fix it either. So I’m still looking around for a solution. Is it possible that the game isn’t compatible with DirectX 12?

Anything is possible, but that is unlikely IMO. DirectX has always been backwards compatible. I ran an old Atari cd on my windows 8 machine. The cd box said that it needed DirectX 3 or higher.

Which version of windows were you running before the upgrade?

I have used edge. It comes across as a reskinned Metro IE, and is very lacking in customization and features. It is fast, and has reasonable compatibility, however that does not make up for the lack of customization and features, which is what led me to my current browser (FireFox) to begin with.

EDIT: I accidentally a word

I was using 8.1 before

You could try running in compatability mode for XP Service pack 2 and if that still doesn’t work, try running it as administrator. If neither works, I don’t really know how to help you any further, sorry.

Yea I was trying XP service pack 2 and 3 because thats what the game was designed for but that doesn’t seem to work. Whats funny is its just that 1 game all my other old games work fine

So it seems you can revert to your old OS from windows 10…

It would seem to me if you have somewhere to back up the windows.old file to that you could roll back at any time you want.

1 Like

Should you upgrade…

1 Like

Windows Media Center is a big reason why my parents don’t want to switch. I don’t have my own computer so I’m stuck too. Do you guys know of any good alternatives? We have a TV antenna hooked up to the computer, so we tape shows through WMC, so any alternatives have to have that ability.

5 Alternatives to Windows Media Center on Windows 8 or 10

2 Likes

VLC. It opens basically anything (Even obscure file types) and is an all around good video player.

Does VLC have an interface to a TV card? When I’ve looked at it I didn’t see that it did.

A little more on the reasons and implications regarding win10…

What Windows as a Service and a “free upgrade” mean at home and at work

OK, this is where I think it’s all going.

Windows 10 marks the end of ‘pay once, use forever’ software - Welcome to Microsoft’s pay-pay-pay plan

Windows 8 was a nightmare IMO. I think 10 is a huge improvement. :slight_smile:

Well I upgrade my gaming rig to Windows 10, and other than stumbling around for a few minutes to find some obvious features (like how to uninstall a program), I have found it rather painless so far.