Customer Service      FAQ      Email Sign Up      My Account      View Cart     
YoYoExpert Forums
March 27, 2017, 11:56:50 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Forums!  Try out our new and improved chat room!

Home   Chat Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can not get cap off of Bering King  (Read 3413 times)
ngong0
Trade Count: (0)

United States United States

Fav. Yo-Yo: Magic yoyo N12
Fav. Trick: Branding

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

View Profile Email
« on: July 30, 2015, 03:06:01 PM »

My new Bering king came in today and I can not get the cap off for the life of me.  I looked up a video and it shows that the cap spins counter-clockwise with the tip pointing down.  i have tried putting a wide flat piece of metal in the slot in the cap and twisting and It will not budge.  Does anyone on here have any ideas?

Thanks!
FiveIronBrian
Trade Count: (8)

Fav. Yo-Yo: Cyborg, Aviator, 2015 Baldwin, JFF
Fav. Trick: star in paris, croatoan, nix, shoot the moon

Thank You
-Given: 188
-Receive: 104

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:14:26 PM »

Hmm... I think you have the right idea about the twisting direction; you might just have to twist it hard.  If I recall correctly, I think it clicks into place, so you don't have turn very far to get it off.  You removed the tape of course, right?
kevinm
Trade Count: (22)

Fav. Trick: Frog in a Bag

Thank You
-Given: 134
-Receive: 174

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 08:51:48 PM »

You can get a good view of how the cap comes on and off if you look at the videos included in the sticky at the top of this forum (Getting Started With Spin Tops).
There isn't really any great reason to open it until you have a problem or get good enough to worry about trying to balance it. It is more important to tape it and get your throw down.  After your top takes a few hard hits, the cap will probably loosen up anyways.
If you are determined to get into it, try using something that will give you a better grip on the cap, like something you use for opening stubborn jar lids. Also, push down a little as you turn the cap counter clockwise.
Check out the sticky, it is one of the best resources that exists for getting started with a Bearing King.
ngong0
Trade Count: (0)

Fav. Yo-Yo: Magic yoyo N12
Fav. Trick: Branding

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »

Hmm... I think you have the right idea about the twisting direction; you might just have to twist it hard.  If I recall correctly, I think it clicks into place, so you don't have turn very far to get it off.  You removed the tape of course, right?

There was no tape.  And I finally got it off.  I kept playing with it and after a hard drop it seemed to loosen up the cap.  I now have it taped on in the loose position.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: