And Whut... Help

m working on And Whut now and I have part 1 and part 2 down, but part 3 where I hop the yoyo and do like a jump rope move is confusing me. Any help or tips on getting through part 3 of and whut would be really helpful… thank you.

What about it is confusing you?

You are essentially adding a twist onto the string and then moving the yoyo onto the string furthest away from you to create the triangle.

That is definitely the part of the trick that confuses most people. You basically hop off the bottom string and while the yoyo is in the air, bring the bottom string (only) around the front of the yoyo and back under it so there is a twist in the string. It takes practice, for sure. Good luck.

THANK YOU!! That’s what was confusing me, was the hop. And your description was very helpful and made me understand the movements.

No problem, I am glad you got it.

I hate to necro such an old thread, but this is really messing with me.
I have the whole rest of the trick done, but just not this hop.

Does the yoyo go behind the top string, and the bottom one goes around it, and then the yoyo lands back on the bottom string?

I just did it to figure it out, don’t think of the yoyo moving but just the bottom string “jump roping” around to create a twist and then catching the yoyo.

Hop out the front and bring the string around from the back to the front.

Thanks!
I’m getting better at it by sort of leaning the top towards me.
It’s sort of tough to get the hang of how much to hop.