Orbis responsiveness

I recently received my orbis, about a week or so ago. I have given it an extensive breaking in session. The bearing spins really smooth when I take it out. Like really really smooth. But the yoyo tends to snag on the string when I get 2 or 3 layers in the gap.

Could it be that the gap is too small or could it be the response pads?
If anyone else has the Orbis I’d be happy to know if you experienced this also.

In my experience, yoyofficer pads are terrible and are either too responsive or too slippy and require extra long break in. You can either replace them or break them in. Who knows, maybe they work for you after some breaking in.

1 Like

YYO makes an Orbis? Weird, I’m fairly certain that’s what Gruntbull called the yoyo they made.

^ They’ve been making that model for quite awhile.

I have a Nifty and a Lava and the pads are fine. Just my experience.

I own a Musket and an Orbis. Both good throws but those pads are…a bit sketchy and grabby. They do the job but they grab at the wrong times. To be fair I haven’t broken them in much. In fact, my Orbis just bit me, did not feel too good…time to yank those pads out.

Thanks for all the feedback. I’ll just try cleaning the bearing and changing the pads.

I will tell you guys all about it.

I haven’t had much of a problem, in fact I like the stock response pads.

Some hold that grooved bearings bunch up the strings, so you could as well try a center trac

It’s fine now guys. I’m taking it for a spin for a week. It has become my ding without pain yoyo.

YYO pads are not terrible.

Perhaps on occasion a little snappy at first, but never slippy. I think they’re pretty good.

Only have 2 YYO yoyos (neither an Orbis) but the pads have been fine. Average to above-average.