One Drop Yo-Yos Citizen

In 2010 we released our first titanium yo-yo, the Sovereign. Five years later we have tackled this amazing metal and produced a yo-yo that we feel is our best work to date: The Citizen

A lot has changed in these 5 years. Yo-yos tend to be bigger than they used to be and high walls have gone by the wayside. As an industry and as a community we have all figured out what shapes, weights and weight distributions work better. As a yo-yo manufacturer we have improved our knowledge, skills and equipment an immense amount. All of these improvements played a role in the creation of the Citizen.

Titanium allowed us to take this shape and create a weight distribution simply not possible in aluminum; moving material to the rim while reducing overall weight. This gives it a light airy feel with incredibly long spin times.

Each Citizen was made with many hours of labor, love, and attention right here in-house in Eugene, Oregon, USA. Every single minute of machining was monitored, measured and scrutinized. Every half was hand polished. They have been checked, and re-checked. We could not have put more effort into assuring these were the most amazing yo-yos we could possibly make. There are one hundred and seventeen numbered Citizens in this run (there will not be another run).

Specs:
Weight: 64.5 grams
Diameter: 56.7 mm
Width: 43.6 mm
Gap Width: 4.4 mm
Stock Response: 19mm Slim Flow Groove
Bearing Size: Large © stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
Axle System: Tapped
Alloy: Titanium Ti-6Al-4V (Grade 5)

Available at YoYoExpert starting August 7th, 2015
Price: $295

My wallet is ready.

1 Like

Is it?

It is.

#cuberich

1 Like

I don’t think that cute little girl has a wallet. Lol.

Ooooh… It might be time for me to finally pick up a titanium!

I’m sooo excited

Sooo hyped! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I’ve been waiting for this with paypal ready since the announcement. I cannot express how gratifying and disappointing it is that this releases 3 days before my birthday. If it had released 3 days earlier, I might have had it for my birthday, 3 later and the release would have landed on my birthday.

Are ANY of these going to be sold at Worlds? That might be my only chance to get one :-\

Very stoked, though it’s regrettable that we (presumably) can’t pick numbers like we could with the Sovereign. I’m a bit of a weirdo about numbers, and getting a “bad” number would pretty much poison the yoyo for me, whereas getting a particularly “good” one could potentially push it into GOAT territory.

You could always email yoyoexpert. I don’t know if they are taking requests but you never know.

Good idea. I’ll give it a shot.

So we can pre-order? No way to reserve a certain number without them withholding it from someone else, as you won’t be making these again(which I find to be pretty lame for “the best yoyo you’ve ever made”).

Gonna answer for YYE here and say, “ha, no”. I’d certainly be royally frustrated if I couldn’t get one of these because some kid sent an email and asked them to hold number 13 for him.

I thought the implication in David’s post was that he should email YYE to see if it was possible to select a certain number if he purchases one.

If they say “sure”, then he joins the fray, and emails them again right after if he puts through an order (if he gets there in time). If he doesn’t manage to get one, then the number he may have wanted gets shipped out with the all rest to whoever did. :slight_smile:

Quite frankly, I’ll take whatever number I can. Part of me wishes that there were more superstitious people out there so that number 13 would be free for the taking. :stuck_out_tongue:

What I’m saying is that I don’t know what YYE is doing so emailing and asking them is your best bet.

There’s a lot of people that have preferences when it comes to numbered yo-yos. While we cannot take pre-orders, we can try to accommodate anyone looking for a specific number. Just make a note in the comments section when you place your order or send us an email and we will do what we can to get you a number you’ll be happy with.

3 Likes

Just do a drop down box with 117 numbers and fastest clicker wins a number they want. Might slow sales for the other numbers though? ???

Garrett, you’re a true gentleman sir. ;D

I really can’t imagine that too many people are overly hung up on numbers. Considering there’s only 117 of them and potentially thousands of people that want one… I think most of us are just hoping to get our hands on one.

Heck, I’d consider myself lucky just to make eye contact with a person who had shaken the hand of somebody who knew a guy whose half-brother’s cousin met a player who had thrown a Citizen that belonged to his friend…

I’ll try to sell some stuff to buy this. But I’m not sure. Whether it’ll be worth 300$.