The Almighty CLYW Yeti

When I first heard about the Glass filled plastic known as the Yeti, I thought to myself “Glass filled plastic? I have to have it”

After waiting and waiting for the release to come, I finally snatched up a Khaki(Or green) CLYW Yeti, and I couldn’t think of a better yoyo to write my first review on. :wink:

http://i.imgur.com/MljeO84.jpg

Diameter: 58.08 mm / 2.29 inches
Width: 45.78 mm / 1.80 inches
Gap Width: 4.15 mm / .16 inches
Weight: 69.2 grams

Aesthetics: The Yeti is modeled after the wildly popular Chief, but doesn’t quite share the same general specs. The Yeti is large, and has a very nice, One of a kind look. The Glass filled molded plastic gives the Yeti a unique feel unlike any other yoyo on the market.

Bearing and Response: The Yeti features a Center Trac Bearing, and CLYW’s signature Snow Tires response pads. This allows for tight binds, while also giving a solid amount of spin when leaving the hand.

Weight: The Yeti tips the scales at just over 69 grams. However, the entirely molded plastic design makes for a generally even weight distribution, giving the Yeti a solid yet floaty feel on the string. It does not feel overwhelmingly heavy during play, but you can definitely feel it on the end of the string.

Playability: The Yeti has a very smooth feel on the string, the smoothest molded plastic I have ever played. This yoyo plays unlike any other yoyo on the market, but is not the yoyo you are going to want to use on stage to perform mind blowing fast intricate tech combos. The Yeti has a relaxed feel to it, something you don’t find in most molded plastic yoyos on the market. The Yeti has a moderate amount of spin time, but I have found it remains very stable even at very low RPM’s, and doesn’t spin out until a very, very low amount of spin.

Conclusion: For $45, it doesn’t really get much better than this. This yoyo is fun, stable, and just the right amount of floaty. If you were able to snatch one in the last release, you already know how good this yoyo is.

Let me know what you think! This is my very first review, so if I left anything out, be sure to let me know!

1 Like

Quite a good first review. I like it. Very simple and strait forward although I feel like it couuld be a competition yoyo at least for me since Iam a less competitive competitor. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello I am new . Let’s see if I learn and once.