Hidemasa Hook Combos?

Any tricks that go from hidemasa hook? I’m trying to build a new combo from there.

1 Like

I’ve never used the hidemasa hook much, but now that you’ve brought up the question I’m very curious to know if there are any sort of tricks that go off of that mount as well, so I’ll definitely be watching the development of this thread…

The best thing I’ve found from my experimentation is that I can do the hook, roll it over my NTH, cross my TH underneath my NTH so my hands are crossed, which puts me into a reverse trapeze thing (I’m sure there’s a name for it but I’m not that technically proficient), then I can pop the yoyo up uncross my hands and land the yoyo into a trapeze. From there the world of tricks is back open.

On another note, if I do the hook wrong by accident (and I’m not exactly sure how I’m doing it wrong at this point) merely from messing up the whip or having bad tension or whatever, sometimes it ends up at a point where after I roll the hook over my NTH I end up in a spot where I can pull the strings the right way and do a gyroscopic flop… but I’m not sure how I could describe this to be reproduced because I’m only getting to it accidentally. Sorry I can’t be more specific but I really don’t know how I end up in that spot.

Otherwise just rolling it over your NTH makes it set up to bind, so it’s a pretty good combo ender if anything…

Roll out into an under mount then cross your arms with throw hand on top and pop up then uncross to brother

1 Like

At work so i can’t post a link but Anthony Rojas has a pretty cool picture trick combo that starts with a hidemasa hook. You then do a mach whip with your throw hand and some other stuff and it’s real fun. Look on YT for Anthony Rojas tutorials. He himself filmed and posted one within the last few months.

2 Likes

I’ve got on that I plan on making a tutorial for sometime in the future.

What I’ve found that works is rolling it off, undoing your throw hand and that puts you in he position to go into a Houdini mount really easily, or double or nothing.

I personally like to use the hook as a starting trick into a kamikaze that way

I found the link to what NathanC was talking about and now learning this is at the top of my to do list. That’s a really cool trick, and it doesn’t look too technically straining to learn :o

2 Likes
  1. NathanC you are awesome, I love tower tricks.
  2. Ciphon yep, I love trick threads like this.

Keep the suggestions coming! I’ll see if I can do anything and film it, see if anything works.

Just learned it for the most part, I need to clean it up and get it mastered, but that is a FUN trick!

Just learned the trick as well. Really easy and looks VERY nice. Now just need some more combos. I’ll psot a video maybe soon.

I have a way way old trick from my two year video from forever ago if you can draw any inspiration from it. ;D

It’s not at all that good, but it is a trick from the hook. So there are definitely things to do from it.

I also just spent the last roughly 45 minutes looking for an element that Petr Kavka uses sometimes, because he’s a big fan of the hook it seems. I couldn’t find it though. I did however find what’s basically the two parts of it, just separately. In this part, he dismount the hook into a whip. Pretty normal. But imagine doing this (which is what I was trying to find but couldn’t), after the first roll, pinch and throw the slack around the yoyo to dismount.

Once you do that, you should be in position to do this movement that Petr uses to get into a wrist mount (although he quickly goes right into a triangle). And wrist mounts definitely have a ton of combos to get to out of them.

If you’re not picking up what I’m putting down, no worries. It’s a kind of weird picture to paint. Either way though, Petr uses the hook a ton, so watching some of his videos might give you ideas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reigniting this thread! Anyone out there with some Hidemasa Hook combos? Not too crazy about the ones mentioned above

1 Like

Thank you for reigniting this as you say! Following this…Love the hook, but find it combo useless…

1 Like