Most underrated and overrated yoyos.

Overrated: CLYW Summit. It’s a nice yoyo, but I really don’t see anything all that special about it. For me it doesn’t feel like it has a distinct feature, like being really fast, or floaty, or smooth, and hearing the way people rant and rave about it, you would think it would. Underrated: CLYW Scout. The Scout is AMAZING! It is floaty, amazingly smooth, and moderatly fast, but you really don"t hear a lot of people talking about it. Maybe because there has only been one run.

underrated would for me would be the rainfly… most people think that a 79 dollar bimetal would be cheap but its honestly one of the best values youll get for a yoyo.

overrated i would have to agree with Athrower… i played the summit expecting something amazing but it felt like i was hold a brick… absolutely no life in it at all.

1 Like

Hatrick absolutely underrated. It’s the only undersize I throw now as well. Almost all GeneralYo I think is underrated. Everything I’ve tried even BGrades make me wonder why I buy anything else :stuck_out_tongue:

Sputnik I also agree. I was hesitant to pull the trigger but did so and so happy I did. Sputnik dethroned a couple throws in my collection. It may just be I love the specs so much. There do not seem to be many nice 52 and under sizes ATM.

Overrated I agree, yeti. Probably part of why CLYW is retiring/redesigning. Summit I can see being overrated. I love the 7summit though. I think the lighter weight does the summit a big favor. Seems to have more “character” IMO.

1 Like

Overrated: Yeti (i have one, i like it, but the fact some people are basically using their entire college tuition to get them (or selling them for this much) is pretty bad (im obviously exaggerating with the money lol)), Shutter (just a slight bit IMO, but is still amazing), YYJ Classic (i have tried putting every pad/bearing you can think of in there, still not a huge fan, but i use mine on occasion)

Underrated: YYJ XLR8, (71 grams, but sooooo smooth and solid) YYF Aviator, (used this to get my first state title, nuff sed) YYF Onestar (i prefer this over the replay in some areas), YYF Shu-Ta, (i LOVE this yoyo, easily one of my top five, its like a more laid back shutter which i really like) CLYW Cliff (my favorite yoyo by far. if i had to use one yoyo for the rest of my life, it would be this. no joke. the sad part is that clyw retired it, so now im searching for one…especially this colorway…)
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11324416_851849854864421_273273972_n.jpg

1 Like

Based on what I have,

Overrated - Summit

Underrated - 6061 Supernova

I think the YYF Cypher is pretty underrated. It’s one of my favorite YoYoFactory yo-yos but doesn’t get nearly as much attention as the Shutter, Too HOT, or Horizon.

2 Likes

Revival is kinda underratted

Does anyone know of any good yo-yo companies that deserve more recognition? Maybe one that makes high quality yo-yos for really good prices to help out us common folk.

Why does this sound familiar?

Rebellion makes some really nice stuff for cheap. So does YoYoOfficer.

3 Likes

[quote=“CincoDrums,post:24,topic:75622”]
Does anyone know of any good yo-yo companies that deserve more recognition? Maybe one that makes high quality yo-yos for really good prices to help out us common folk.
[/quot
Ummm I don’t know when I thought to reply I had the name now I forgot I’ll tell when I remember.

Was going to say Yoyofficer as well but you beat me to it.

1 Like

It amazes me that 15 SPYY Orbitron 5000’s are still in stock. It’s one of the best organic shapes that I’ve tried. That’s the one in my collection that I feel is most underrated.

I also think the Bapezilla.2 is underrated. I understand why people may be turned off of it due to the string eating problem, but that’s an easy fix, and then it’s a great under/mid-sized organic. Plus, Anti-yo design + OD machining + Side Effects = great quality.

Besides that, I haven’t really tried much else that I feel is underrated. People have mentioned the Cypher, but I don’t fully agree with that. People mostly like theirs, but it just isn’t anything super special. Don’t get me wrong, it’s extremely good, I just don’t think it has the character of the other YYF budget line. The Shutter, Horizon, and Too Hot are all signatures of some awesome pros, and you can tell how each of their play styles oozes out of the design. Yes, the Cypher is a TPxYYF collaboration, so it has Kentaro(?) behind it, but it’s not his signature. Beyond being signatures, the others have additional design elements to aid in extra trick elements; whereas the Cypher is an Organic V that’s only specialty is being a smooth, stable, and fast string hit monster. Like I said, I’m not bashing it, it’s still extremely good for the price. There’s just less to be excited about than the other budget YFF throws, and I think it has an adequate opinion among the community. I’d even argue that some of the others are edging on being slightly overrated and over hyped.

1 Like

I completely agree. Picked up an Orbitron in a trade at MWR, and I’m just amazed at what a fun throw this is…super smooth too.

1 Like

Me 3 I love mine.

To FullthrottleFRS: It’s not sold out because all anyone cares about is being sponsored and a company thats gone can’t sponsor you

1 Like

Overrated: Most CLYW, YYR
Underrated: Most Yoyojam, Yomega Elite series.

Underrated: Duncan Torque, I tried a friend’s and it was much better than expected. I’m not saying it was anywhere near the best budget metal or that it was super amazing, but neither was it the old fashioned Duncan yoyo you might expect. I think it deserves a lot more credit than it gets.

1 Like

the underatedness that is the yoyo officer orbis its sooo stable has a great shape has good fingerspins and grinds

1 Like

I agree with you on the YYR part. YYR is super nice, don’t get me wrong, but they aren’t quite as next level in performance as most people suggest.

3 Likes

lol

today, maybe, but go back to 2009 and compare most yoyos available then with the Sleipnir, then we’ll be able to have a talk about YYR being overrated