It makes me sad

According to VA state law we were not allowed to help this fawn.  His mother was killed in the road and he was blinded in one eye and has an injured leg.  According to the Game Warden we called we need to let him go and let “nature take it’s course.”  Like when the car hit his mom?  Don’t worry he isn’t sitting in a house drinking goat’s milk now ;).

5 Likes

Unfortunately, humans were the only species that got the memo on highways.

If that bothers you, try this:
Montana man saves moose; park authorities euthanize, blow it up

Oh man! It’s like Bambi all over again! :cry:

Why on earth would you need to ‘blow it up’ after it was dead? Clearly a few of the lads had a few beers and decided it’d be a laugh. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s quite tragic when you realise that our species has almost completely lost all its empathy for other living things. There’s always a choice. Maybe if they put in a little more effort into looking for alternatives, that moose calf wouldn’t need to die. Blowing it up was totally outrageous and unnecessary; it was already dead, did they have to be cruel to the corpse too?

Excellent work yooldman. You did the right thing.

1 Like

Actually it was the proper thing to do and it’s done quite regularly in that part of the country if they can’t properly dispose of the carcass any other way. Otherwise it attracts bears, which would probably become nuisance bears and have to be dealt with.

1 Like

Googled, and confirmed. You learn something new every day. Now I finally know exactly what happened to Bambi’s mother…

No that I think about it, it’s also the way they deal with beached whale carcasses in coastal areas as well. You don’t want a couple of tons of decaying meat just sitting around.

this is the first time i have shed a tear from looking at a post on here :’( :’( :’( :’( :’( :’( :’(

its like 21st century bambi…

Awww what a cute little deer!

Oh yeah, I forgot to update. We found someone licensed to rehab wildlife and now little Bucky has a new home where he will be properly cared for.

4 Likes

You’re a good man sir. Glad to hear this tale had a happy ending. applauds :slight_smile:

yay! guess there’s a happy ending after all!!!

http://static.pulse.ng/img/incoming/crop3712192/8245108002-chorizontal-w980-h640/9c4EyXdcE.png

YAY!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: