Yomega Fireball help.

So when I first started Yo-Yoing a couple months ago,.i picked up the yomega fireball. I just changed the string. Put on normal kitty string. It is unresponsive. I was pretty positive that it should be responsive. Can anyone help me figure out how I can make it responsive again. Thank you. I’ve tried double looping and it did not work. I’m thinking of just throwing it to the side, find a way to save up some money to buy a looping yoyo that works. Although I’ll only be able to do it one handed looping because my other arm has a fistula in it for dialysis. Thank you.

Lube the sleeve bearing. I like yomega lube. If you have some sewing machine or 3-in-1 oil use that, works fine.

Also available at the hardware store: synco Super lube. same stuff as yomega lube.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcREE2QAVTCokg2sWUdYLyVbtxXcv9DOmRLQ3FIs4_9p5tbxxX8&usqp=CAY
Cotton or 50/50 string will work better. Double/triple looping the string will help but lube is the key.

1 Like

Awesome, ill give it a shot and see how it works.

dont use kitty.
it will fray easily

I used to be an owner of a Fireball before I broke it (overtightened it, cracked the hub). Whenever my Fireball started doing that death scream and became unresponsive, I would take petroleum jelly (Vaseline) and made it pretty responsive. I also double wrapped around that teflon transaxle. Haven’t thrown a Fireball in years though.