One Drop Yo-Yos coming to the world of Terraria

Our friends over at Re-Logic, who make the highly successfully video game Terraria, have put One Drop Yo-Yos in the game as epic weapons! The official 1.3 patch went live earlier today and is available to PC users. It’s awesome to see yo-yos in a different light and we look forward to collaborating with Re-Logic in other ways.

Terraria themed yo-yo anyone?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXdtDgpPeE

I figured someone in the yoyo community had something to do with this. Love this game, the fact that onedrop had something to do with it makes me love it even more. Can’t wait to check out the new content later tonight! I saw the “sick throw” achievement added in the official trailer video and that just made me smile. ;D

Oh yeah and totally onboard for terraria themed yoyo!!

Mac update coming sometime this month, only thing holding me back. My entire TF2 team was playing it today and I had to lecture them on yo-yos and their origins :smiley:

Sigh, HOTS currently taking up my gaming time. Ain’t no time to be going back to Terraria…ugh

Onedrop is the coolest.

PS - I like how the Rally has blue weight rings.

They should so make a Yoyo game for the Kinect and ps4 eye camera. It would be epic! And you can use your own throws as the game controller! And they should make a collection page where you can scan your real life throws and you unlock cool patches for each one. I would so have the shutter Yoyo unlocked that’s the only one I own lol.

Imagine a game, using the Kinect or ps4 camera where it was like like you said, but a bit different. You would scan your yoyo, and start with level 1. The sleeper. Once the game determined that you have a great long sleeper, it will take you to the next trick, and so on. It would be pretty much like Rocksmith. Except with yoyos. It could say, congratulations on your long sleeper, now lets learn to rock the baby. It would then give a small tutorial and demonstration and than have you do it. It will be able to tell you what your doing right and wrong. It would actually be very useful to all throwers. But a game like that would cost loads an loads of money. And then they would have to make sure there were enough of us who would by the game.

Like a virtual interactive yoyo teacher/tutorial. I bet one day it could exist. Once the technology is more reliable and even cheaper. Cool idea.

I only took the guys above me idea and made it that much better :blush: It would amazing to see, and yes just like you said a virtual teacher almost. Could put a few pro players in there that you could choose from. Select a teacher, scan your yoyo, and be taught by the pro of your choice. It could really work. And it would be a huge improvement on the teaching system of yo-yoing.

If I only had too much money to know what to do with. Junior, Think, myself and a seat for Mr. Dang on the board of this new company that makes virtual yoyo games/tutorials. Maybe I’d finally be able to figure out how to do some of Paul’s mystical chopstick moves.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I’m full of good ideas haha. And I think if we created something like this, it would be a truly amazing experience. Maybe in a couple years who knows.
But yeah, just hold your Yo-Yo up to the Kinect and it can scan it. Or have a list of yoyos already programed in the game so all you have to do is select your yoyo, select your virtual pro thrower you want to learn from and begin. Using the Kinect it can track your movements and yoyo. And it will be able to track your progress, how consistent you are with your tricks, and so on. Than once the game thinks your ready to go to the next level or of you feel like your ready to move forward you continue onto the next trick

1 Like

IT WOULD BE EPIC!!!

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Yoyos
they got a lot of yoyos in the game…

Looking at the top of that huge list of yoyos (and yoyo accessories(!)), I think this Terraria cameo may be the right time for One Drop to finally release a Wooden Yoyo. :smiley:

But Paul, seriously, that “The Eye of Cthulu” needs to become an IRL colorway/splash pattern right away!

Right away?! We got to release the other colors for it first!

let the hype/speculation train take off! :wink:

Ooh! Ooh! Will one of the first solids be half-white, half-purple, with the bunny/corrupt bunny lasered on their colored side?

Aaall aboard! Looks like one of the board Mods of that alien-themed discussion website (ahem :slight_smile: found lots of “proof” of some unidentified green yoyo in One Drop’s internet presence.

Oh ya, Paul, I had another “idea” for a solids colorway: Number-limited, Gold Critters. Because gold critters are now a rare occurence in the game.

You guys got some good eyes!

Last week we announced our amazing partnership with Re-Logic who make the sandbox indie game Terraria. The latest update is jam packed with a total of 10 One Drop Yo-Yos! The ultimate yo-yo in the game the “Terrarian”, sports a damage power of 190 and a critical hit chance of 14%, will be coming to reality.

Here’s the first look at the stunning box art the good folks at Terraria put together for us!

1 Like