Long Island throwers

Are there any clubs or meet ups on Long Island. Doesn’t seem there’s much of a yoyo community out here and would love to meet up and learn and throw. New thrower but advancing quickly.

I’m from Long Island too, there’s a decent scene on the Jersey coast, but I haven’t seen too much locally.

I used to live in CT, moved to MA recently. I only know a couple people in CT. Wesley Cheng (yoyospirit), Payton Manente (yoyomanente), Evan Cole (Ski4dayz ???), and Benji.

I live on long island, the city has a club but by me there is nothing. I have a list of people near me who throw though

Right now I’m on the coast of ct but will be heading back to eastern LI in the near future. City is too far away to be going on a regular basis. We should start a yoyo club or something since LI is so far away from everything.

Yeah for sure I’m out of Smithtown if that’s close to you I know there is another guy on this forum that lives in Kings park and I have two other friends in Smithtown

I’m in Middletown, CT and would love something closer than Northampton, MA. Don’t get me wrong, the Northampton scene is amazing, but, it would be nice to have a group for my kids and I to throw with a little closer.

I’m near Port Jefferson on Long Island. I’m pretty new to throwing and I would love if there was something going on locally. The city is too far to be going to regularly. Hope something gets figured out :slight_smile:

smithtown isn’t crazy far. I’m from East Hampton which is probably a little over an hour. Same as port Jeff. Also, port Jeff would be a sick place to meet up and throw. Great place to film too I sure. I’m still in ct but am moving back to east Hampton within the next few months

Port Jeff is very close to me.

Moving back to Long Island next week. Have an injury that make take a little to heal but will be back to throwing shortly. Hopefully we can all figure something out soon. Whoevers interested, drop a post here and we can wok something out.

Sounds good

While we have some activity on here, anyone know how a yoyo club works? I mean do you just meet up, throw around, and talk about the weather?

Pretty much, you forgot to add the occasional trade.

Word. Sounds like a good time for me.

On another note, I’m coming back home this week. strong Island here I come!!!

I’m from Long Island but I live in Florida now. I go there for vacation a lot. I would definitely go if u started a club

Sup guys. Pretty much settled in here on Long Island. Let’s plan a meet up!

Okay well let’s get the consensus of where everyone lives and find a common ground for all of us to meet up either a park or mall would be the best choice for a meet up. Smithhaven mall wouldn’t be bad.

gahhh! So far from me. Wanna make that closer for me? ::slight_smile:

Well the thing is I don’t drive, I don’t even have a permit for another 7 months so its really up to how far my parents will drive and that’s really the only central meeting place close enough to me, although I wish I could accommodate to you.