Accidental off string

I’ve always had a dream of doing a UFO, getting the string to pop off (so now it is horizontal Offstring), and then “Landing the UFO” in a horizontal palm grind until it stops spinning.

I’ve done it once or twice, but without any consistency.

The ProYo Stunt Pilot was designed specifically to do this! You could throw a UFO, let it go off-string and spin on the propeller tips then put it back on string and return. Doc Pop originated it with the P213 - http://yoyo.wikia.com/wiki/P213

1 Like

I’ve gotten a string to break once… I was throwing into a combo as if I was playing 4A and the string actually broke lol. I caught it in time and was doing 4A to impress my classmates before the string became unusable. This was on a YYJ Classic by the way.

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

Geez you guys really do care too much about your yoyos lol

well I like to drive my car, but I’m not gonna crash it to stop worrying about how pristine it is.

I know what you’re saying though, there’s definitely a fine line.

i know nothing will stay perfect, be well all know it’s nice while it lasts

At Worlds one year I was competing in the Fixed Axle contest, doing counterweight tricks. String broke, and I caught it offstring and kept going.

There used to be video of it somewhere. It was neat.

1 Like

i need to see this :o :o :o :o :o :o

Thats a pretty steep price for a fixed axle

Unless you win it from a contest or something like that.

Necro ^, but to clarify again, I was basically trying to make a statement for the OP about how dings mean nothing :stuck_out_tongue: I appreciate the Fidalgo prize and play it frequently. Doesn’t make a difference if I paid for it or won it.

Walk the dog is a fun trick anyways, especially if you end it with a lunar or something fancy.

Again, I wasn’t trying to show how “cool” I am ::slight_smile: Shoulda just posted the famous Steve Brown video and stayed quiet.

they video frightens me. Haha. It is kinda awesome to see though. The fear of dinging my yoyo doesn’t stop me from playing. If it happens, it’ll bother me, but then I move on. I would prefer my stuff to be as pristine as possible but it won’t kill me if it isn’t.

Man that sucks…I understand how you feel. I like my yoyos mint and shiny too…but I never let that stop me from throwing over concrete or wherever else I might be. I can’t remember the last time I had a yoyo hit the ground…happened a lot when I first started. I do have 2 orcas tho…one has stayed in the box and the other is a daily carry. Funny thing is my daily carry remains mint. If that happened to my prime throw I would have to get another with my ocd self. I would continue to carry my beater but somehow knowing I had a mint one back at the house would make me feel better/not worry about it. I’m weird…

Happened to my loop 1080. I threw too many inside loops and the string unwound enough that on the next forward toss the yoyo just jumped right off onto tile. Luckily no damage, and its not as expensive as some of my other throws.

all my yours get dinged by frunitre on the first day. I am not that extreme but I do not really care unless it plays different

if i ding yo-yo’s, then whatever; if i dont, then whatever. what happens happens, and i gotta live with it.

If you don’t have dings on your yoyos, then you don’t play them enough ;D

this statement is nonsense. I only play with one out and about. The gradient. That’s my beater and goes everywhere with me. But my others stay over grass or indoors. And also I’ve gotten much better at keeping it from hitting the ground.

My new problem is almost hitting the ceiling. :smiley: