NJ State YoYo Contest!

And next year the New York yoyo club will dominate everything again

Are you the zeekio team member stu?

I believe so, look at his favorite trick. Stuart, you’re awesome!

Where in Jersey are you? I’m up North and there’s like 0 throwers haha…ha…h…*sigh, I’m lonely up here lol

Essex county. I’ve yet to meet another serious yoyoer in all my years.

I’m gonna try to make it to the NYC club sometimes this summer though. I’m dying to meet some.

I’m from Bergen County, and you should go to one of the meetings! It was my first time there just yesterday, and it benefited me so much as a yoyoer.

Louie,

Please message me about this, and I will handle it. I’m very sorry this happened.

Again I would like to thank all of you for coming!
There’s a first time for everything, which is always experimental.

If you have any feedback, good or bad, I’d love to hear it in order to plan properly for next year.
I hope everyone had fun.
Congratulations to our winners, a full yoyonews post with finals scores should be posted tonight.
Official videos were recorded, and should be uploaded to YouTube over the following week.

For now, the Preliminary scores are up on our Facebook page for those interested.

That’s all for now, I’ll keep all of my friends here up to date with anything new.

Thanks again!

-Robbie

You went to the NYC club? Yeah I definitely want to be able to go sometime this summer. It’s on my list of things to do before school starts back up.

yeah! Before school starts, we should go on the same Sunday as soon as you come back. It’s such a fun experience, and it makes me want to start my own club in NJ! I know a few good places where :slight_smile:

Advice for next year,
Have age divisions for 1a like Massachusetts state does and many other state competitions. Like a 12 and under, 13-17 and 18 and up.
Have age divisions like Massachusetts state for sport ladder
have all rules clearly written on website so people know what to expect.
Get more than 2 judges. Around 4
Try and stick to the schedule, some things started to early or to late so people missed the events.
Try and have vendors come
It was kind of disappointing that there were no divisions so no kids got to the finals. Older people have had more years to practice so it was not fair to the younger kids that drove from all over to come when they had no shot at winning because there were no divisions.
Otherwise I had a great time and I can’t wait till next year!
From
Sophia

I hate to say this but, we can’t fix this because the New jersey state yoyo contest is following national yoyo league guidlines so i makes it tricky to make some new rules.

The only thing I found puzzling about the contest was that the air circus people was letting people sign up for divisions like right before they was suppose start

Hey a nice yoyo mom took pics of just about everybody at the contest take a look

200 new photos · Album by Deirdre Wingell

Awesome pictures!

When will results be posted?

Sophia,

I understand that the lack of age groups was disappointing for some of the frequent MA State attendees. We can only offer age groups if there is enough interest for the contest, and we didn’t expect such a GREAT turnout! :o Now that we can confirm that there is enough of an interest, we can work out some sort of age groups for at least sport ladders next year.

As far as the scheduling, everything seemed to have gone according to plan, other than sport ladders starting slightly later than expected. I’m not sure if perhaps something seemed unclear about the schedule that could’ve put someone under the impression that there was an issue?
We are happy to announce that nobody missed their event, so I’m not sure what source is telling you that. ???

As for judges, we are going to add more for the comfort of the players. We think AJ and Shane did a fantastic job, but if the players want more judges, we’ll give them more! ;D

In regards to vendors, we cannot control who does and does not decide to vend our contest. We offered vending opportunities to our sponsors, but none of them were able to make it. Please remember that when a company vends a contest, they have to manage sending their products and staff to contests that are often far out of their way, which sometimes impedes their ability in doing so.

Thank you for your feedback.
We are glad you and everyone else had fun at the contest!

-Robbie

Stuart,

The results will be posted soon on yoyonews.com, along with pictures and videos.

Congrats again on the win in 1A!

-Robbie

In case anyone wanted to see. :slight_smile:

Congratulations to all the competitors!

Hey, this isn’t entirely related, but I think you will understand why Im posting here. Im looking for some people who throw in upper NJ, to meet and learn from. If I find enough people I will start a YoYo club