Raleigh NC Throwers

I would prefer indoors as well, but right now we only have one venue for that.
If you can come on the 27th then that is at least three of us, so that’s good.

I’m down for any of the dates you’ve mentioned.

Okay, let’s just say the last Saturday of each month, 4:00 to 5:30 or 6:00ish.
Science Safari in Cary, starting this month, June 27th.
He will put out some notices with his regular customer base, we’ll see what happens.
Of course I would like to see anyone/everyone that can make it. I don’t expect a huge turn out
from the neighborhood. This is something that Sean and I have discussed for a long time, and it is really
just an addition to the type of classes and stuff that he does all the time. It could suffice for what you guys are kicking around, yoyo club wise, or it could just be an addition to it.

I might not need to be outta state. Things going up! It’s not even Tuesday…

Sounds like a plan to me.

Hello. I am a thrower is Raleigh. I can meet anywhere anytime. I didn’t mind going to the mall in Chapel Hill. That was kind of cool. There is Moore Sq, Dorthea Dix. Some local guys met a couple of times at Lake Johnston. But it is hot. If you are 21. I know a couple places we could go. I wonder if Marbles has a room we could use. Or the Science museum downtown. That would be cool.

Cool man! Hopefully we will see you on the 27th!

Just a reminder that we are meeting Saturday the 27th at 4!

Git yur yo-yos ready, Saturday is almost here!
There is usually a steady bit of foot traffic through the S.S. on Saturdays,
so there may be a fair amount of kids that want to try yo-yos. I plan on bringing some
beaters, and some extra stings and whatnot. I volunteered with Sean to help if any of his
customers bringing back old throws that needed a string or a tune up and stuff like that. He also sells kendamas and spin tops, so if any of you guys are into that, bring them on.
Hope to have a good turn out, trade some tricks, help some kids, vote on an official club tattoo, all that kind of stuff.
So…who all is going to be there? I heard there was maybe going to be a rap battle between
Morgoroth and GCFYY.

Werd!

I’ll be there with all my throws.

Both of them :smiley:

So Saturday the 27th at 4:00 at Science Safari in Cary? School’s out, I might be able to come

Would anyone want to try a shout?

Yeah man, bring some in!

I regretfully must inform y’all that I won’t be able to come in today. #carproblems #bummer

many thanks to everyone that could show up. that was a good turn out for a first effort.
Sean at the Science Safari said he would promote the meeting next month a little more aggressively so that some kids may show up. gotta admit though, it was lots of fun throwing with some older kids.
anyways, i’m going to have a beer and practice those crazy suicides that bart was throwing… still kinda trying to figure that out.

Is there anyway this can happen more often? (2x a month) really bummed I missed out…

I’m definitely interested in more meetings. It was a lot of fun!

Yeah, it was fun!
I’ll probably have to stick to once a month, but if people want to meet more that’s cool.

Science Safari has a great place to throw. The resident Iguana was not too impressed though,

Some of the gang and Bart, moments before a minor gator mishap ,

None of the photos of no KNOTsense were not a blur of string and metal. Super good player!

1 Like

i wish i was still in the area…