Raleigh NC Throwers

Can confirm, the December meeting will be Sunday the 18th from 3 to 5 attack Science Safari in Cary.

Shirts are really cool, post the picture once y’all get it made if you could! Also I’d love to help out too if y’all need any inspiration or anything

Hello,

I have been looking for a contest or conventions in North Carolina. I would like to take my son somewhere he can be around other people who enjoy yoyos. Can you give me any suggestions?

Yeah man!
We meet in Cary, but there are some other throwers around the state if you don’t live near there.

VA also has some active clubs depending on what part of NC you are in.

The nearest contest will be in Richmond on the Saturday of MLK weekend. It’s usually pretty well attended so there are some really talented people there.

Of course Ian from our Cary club just won GA states last weekend so we got some talent too :slight_smile:

Attention all thrill seekers,
Just a reminder, the Raleigh yo-yo club Saturday meeting will be
in Cary this Sunday, the 18th, from 3:00 to 5:00.

Cool I will be there. :slight_smile:

And crap… I told someone new on the SpaceBook NC throwers page that it was Sat 4-6 and I don’t remember who it was and cant seem to find the post to let them now…damn…

I had something come up, so I won’t be there. :frowning:

But, I did actually learn a cabin tutorial trick, so now I’m up to two!

Very good meet today, two new people, really fun.
Last meeting of the year so the officers gave their reports.
Treasury officer reports we still don’t have any money.
The club t-shirt committee still has no concept for a club shirt design. I thought I had drawn a pretty good idea for one but apparently they don’t make bar napkins the way they used to and even the smallest amount of hot coffee pretty much disintegrates them.
Anyways, swell meeting today , hope to see everyone next year.

1 Like

Heads up, the next club meeting is on the 21st from 4pm to 6pm.

I heard that there would be a NC State Yoyo Contest this year. Anyone know any news?

I think some people near Charlotte were talking about it.
I assume it would have been announced by now though.

If anyone is interested in doing it, I have a couple venues that would be free FYI.

Although I have nothing to do with a potential contest, I wouldn’t lose hope at this early point in the year. Contests these days tend not to be announced very early.

I hope you’re right :smiley:

This Saturday at 4:00 is our meeting in the Cary Science Safari for February.
Any regular members that do not attend this meet will be gossipped about mercilessly.

Great meet today, we actually had some kids, that was kind of weird.
Raleigh yo-yo club is strong (Cary chapter, original tricksters)
Also, the club Iguana overseer is getting big.

The most celebrated yo-yo club in NC is meeting this Saturday the 17th at 4:00 in the Cary Science Safari.
I usually start celebrating around 3:00 on Saturdays, but I can walk there. Please celebrate responsibly.

YoYo club this Saturday, let’s hear a litter chatter out there people.

Chatter chatter chatter.

I’ll come to the next one if the date & location are posted. I’ll keep an eye on this thread. ::slight_smile: