How do you set up a contest?

Setting up a contest is no easy feat, but after helping out with NY states last year, I’ll tell you what to do.

1: Run it by the NYYL, they’re the people who will help you the most. The NYYL will help you with judges, and overall getting your contest noticed.

1. Have a few venues in mind. Some places are expensive, some aren’t. Shop around and find out how you can get the most for your money. Some suggestions and common places are hotels, community centers, children’s museums, convention centers, schools and a few other places. Just be open to ideas.

2. Once you have a venue and date locked in (with NYYL approval), work on finding judges and advertising your contest. Once people see that you’ve gotten everything locked in, it’ll be a whole lot easier to advertise.

3. set up some way to do registration. I can’t tell you how to do this because I really don’t know how.

4. Find judges and sponsors. This step just consists of you sending emails to companies and waiting to hear back from them. Sometimes they email you, sometimes they don’t. Its hard to be patient. Finding judges shouldn’t be AS hard if you utilize the NYYL.

5. Making sure you disperse prizes evenly. Its self explanatory really.

But here’s a TL;DR

Go through the NYYL, tell them your plan and they’ll help you.