BAC 2015

Hmm, that sounds cool, wouldn’t mind getting my first CLYW, just haven’t been able to justify the higher costs yet, had a hard enough time justifying the cost of my Y-Factor, which is probably the most I’ve spent on a yoyo to this day…and thought that my Benchmark was expensive.

CLYW will have B grades there for only $75 and most of the time B grades play like A grades

Just a few more days till the BAC. Really looking forward to meeting people, hanging out, and soaking in as much information as possible.

When is the BAC?

Saturday, May 23rd.

http://bayareaclassic.com

Definitely come say hello to me and Eric at the YoYoExpert booth! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Around times like this, I wish I had been into yoyoing when I lived in Cali.

Cal States, BAC, and PNWR seem like loads of fun.

Cali is pretty nice. It’s crazy, because I picked up yo-yoing around the time the cal states was going on. I didn’t go, but somehow I felt its power from over 45 miles away. Pick up a yoyo… Pick up a yoyo… So I did. And now I’m having fun and going to hang out and watch at the BAC.

Aaaawwww Yesssss. Can… Can we get a picture with you? ???

I’ll definitely be swinging by your booth to say hi (and naturally picking up more gear!)

Less than a day away for the BAC. I’m pretty stoked.

I wish I was going :confused: Hopefully next year.

Definitely almost ready for tomorrow…Almost ready? I say that because I can’t decide which yoyos to put into my YYE 8-yoyo contest bag, not to mention other skill toys :slight_smile:

That and since I plan on bringing my GoPro tomorrow to get some footage of a little everything, need to get cards cleared off and batteries charged.

Man I live in Cali but it is 8 hours away haha maybe next year I will go

I just went and bought me a cheap backpack for tomorrow. And sadly I only have like 2 yoyos. Haha and no camera to record with. Will have to use my phone. Good luck with your decision on what yo yo s to bring.

you must be down south of Cali. I’m like 3 hours from san Francisco, and this being the first time to any event for yoyoing I have to go. Haha

Whelp, I’m ready for tomorrow, all packed! Some of these extras (excluding kendamas) fit in the extra zipper pouch on my YYE bag. Backpack is a must because I know I’ll be coming home with a lot more!

A couple years ago I took one of my non yoyoing friends to BAC (2013) where he described it as “Comicon” for yoyos, unofficially calling this “YoYoCon”.

Goooood Morning Everyone!! Today is the day. The BAC in Sf. Make sure to say hello to me if you see me walking around. Always looking to make friends. I’ll be wearing a white shirt with the band name “The Used” on it. Blue pants, and brownish black shoes with orange laces. The name is Colby. Look forward to meeting people and making friends. See you all there!!

Had a blast at BAC today from meeting new friends, saying hi to the YYE crew again, picking up new gear, and just enjoying the day out!

My only annoyances which I’m not afraid to call out on here as I think this is something important that everyone should see:

1-When they were doing the giveaways, we had seen where one had caught one of the prizes and another who almost had it took it right from the one who actually had a secure grip and control on their catch. If one actually has caught it, let it be. Don’t be a spoil sport and try to yank it from their hands, that is just wrong in so many ways. We are all here to have fun, not get in a fight.

2-At the end, it was announced that YYF was selling things for half off. I had already been at the counter doing some last minute browsing when all of these kids (younger ones) started shoving their way through to see what they can get, literally shoving me out of the way. Again, mind the manners and wait your turn. Don’t try shoving past everyone, reaching over shoulders of ones etc to grab that yoyo they could still have plenty of.

With these 2 things noted, if there’s anything I dislike about the human race, it’s people acting like wild animals when their greedy instincts kick in and they decide to either fight, shove, or take things from others. Again this is a fun event, not Black Friday. Just enjoy the day, if you missed the prize, let it go. If you have to wait behind others at a table, so be it.

Otherwise, fun day. I’m beat now after all of that public transit mess…had a section of BART (Bay Area train service) that was down so we had to shuttle bus it to the next station to get back on BART…then once I arrived to the city and caught the bus, the bus broke down and we all had to exit and board another…only to hear some people get mad that they’re going to be late for work because of a disabled passenger had to board (minor delay). Then en route to the venue we almost plowed into a car who decided to pull out in front of us. So yea, the trip to Golden Gate Park was a little adventure in itself, and the most important thing is that I made it there safely and in 1 piece :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I completely agree with everything you said. There were alot of immature people and kids who parents taught them no manners what so ever. It was very sad. A day that was supposed to be fun, went wrong so quickly because of these kids or people who had no manners or respect for other people.