Yoyo Factory Replay Pro

I just got the new Replay Pro in the mail today. As I play with it I can’t stop saying “Wow”. It feels great.

It’s slightly larger in diameter than my Shutter and is about a millimeter wider so it has a very familiar feel to me.

It sleeps incredibly well although there’s a bit of bearing noise. Speaking of bearings the Replay comes with a center track bearing installed. That’s quite a nice touch. I just did The Matrix 14 times on a single throw. That’s easily comparable to my $50 Shutter.

I’m just so incredibly impressed with this yoyo. Can my new favorite.throw really be a $15 plastic yoyo? I think it might.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for mine ;D

Comes with a center track though I believe.

Unf. I’m gonna get That Look from my wife if I come home from Skill Night with another yo-yo…

I was hoping it’d be this good :smiley:

I had been considering grabbing a onestar prior to the replay pro being released; how would you characterize the differences between the two?

The replay pro is only $5 more than the bearing inside of it, the frugal part of my brain cannot resist!!

Ironically the ct bearings in the replay pro are some of the best bearings we have come across. Maybe worth scrapping the yoyos for!

Just a word of advice for budding replay pro owners, don’t over tighten them.

Yoyo players have generally become more savy. We put the arrows on there too for advice but you can kill the yoyo over tightening it, which would be a pitty, as they do play very well.

The manufacturer who put blood, sweat and tears into this design would be crushed at that sentiment. Or apparently not. Good to know the bearing is top notch. Closest I’ve ever come to junking a yoyo for the bearing was with a Flipside, but given the early reviews coming in for the Replay Pro, that’s likely not happening this time around.

To be completely honest, I have to agree. The CT in my replay is just as good as the CTX’s I order for my higher end throws, if a hair noisier.

I didn’t even take it out to clean it or lube it, it is just that good. Literally no break in was required, and it just spins longer than your trick is gonna last.

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again, how the heck is this yoyo $15?

I just got two replays in the mail. One plays great! The other one makes a weird high pitched noise and slows down incredibly on some throws. I don’t know if it’s the throw or the bearing.

I got mine in the mail today. Now after reading all the other posts i feel like i’m the only one who prefers the KonKave bearing better then the stock Center Track Bearing. To me the KonKave just feels a bit more smooth when playing with it, also it doesn’t make as much noise. Keep in mind i’m relatively new so take my review with a grain of salt.

Konkaves for days man. You are not alone!

But I don’t mind CT’s, especially if that’s the stock bearing.

Aye, that’ll be the bearing. Whilst CT’s for the most part are well behaved, both my Shutter and Horizon both came with seized, gritty bearings that had to be cleaned (and I’m not one to normally clean bearings).

Not pointing any fingers, it’s just that sometimes these things happen. Chances are a bit of dirt or grit has got into the bearing at some point during assembly/shipping. You can normally tell by unscrewing the yoyo and manually rotating the bearing with your finger, or if you don’t want to unscrew it, by letting the yoyo hand dead and gently spinning it by hand. It should become apparent fairly quickly if your bearing is a bit naff and needs a good clean. :slight_smile:

Cleaned the bearing and it plays great now!! Thank you for the info.

I have a YYF Whip and a Onestar. My Replay Pro beats them both hands down. Stable, little vibe, comfy shape, I would have paid $10 more for it. I highly recommend it for a plastic throw. Mine is an all green one.

How does it compare to other budget metals?

It’s hard to compare a budget metal to a $15 plastic yoyo, but I think if you really want to know, you can try one this weekend at SEC.(I’m so pumped!!!)

Budget metals to me would be the DV888 or the Kilter 2, but those are around $25-30. In all fairness, the Replay Pro holds it’s own in the plastic market. I’m thinking about getting a Something Premiere if I get another plastic throw.

I’d grab a Diffusion 2 instead. Premiere paled in comparison IMO.

1 Like

The replay pro is nearly as good as a budget metal such as a Shutter(IMO), but it has a very different feel and isn’t extremely fast.

Cool

i snatched the last Replay Pro at the Mideast Regionals. I used it for a while instead of my Regen. Now I don’t like my Regen as much.