2Sick Yoyos Bishop

[center]http://cdn.yoyoexpert.com/1339/images/feature.jpg

Overview:

2Sick is a relatively new company. Their freshman effort, the Gambit, was released in the final month of 2013 and quickly gained a small but vocal fanbase. Since then, they’ve released the Queen and the Bishop in a number of very pleasing colorways. As a big football fan myself, I appreciate the NFL franchise based colorways the most. The Bishop is 2Sick’s most recent release. We’ll focus on that, first.

Stats: (Source: YYE)
Diameter: 55.95 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 44.24 mm / 1.74 inches
Gap Width: 4.43 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 64.9 grams
Bearing Size: Size C Grooved Centering Bearing
Response: Flowable Silicone

Design/Construction:

The Bishop has a very pleasant V shape with rounded edges. Some may refer to this as an “organic V”. Very comfortable catch. The shape is reminiscent of the Krown, for comparisons sake, but is different in play. As far as construction goes, it is US made and seems to have very high quality control. Each yoyo is hand tested and mine came dead smooth. The design utilizes a thicker axle than normal for what I suspect is to prevent stripping given the axle is fairly short. The anodizing on mine is quite nice and the blast is subtle and gives a soft but not chalky feel.

Response:

A LITTLE snaggy with multiple wraps if using thicker strings. Regular kitty fat shows no signs of this. XL and some of the thicker boutique strings may cause an issue, though. The response is snappy and provides tight, satisfying binds.

Play:

Play is solid, quick, and responsive to your input. This is an excellent -does it all- sort of yoyo. Fingerspins? Happily. Horizontal? Sure. Speed play? Alright. Regens? Whatever you say. It doesn’t stand out in any real way in respect to being super different, it just lacks any real weakness. There is nothing bad about the Bishop… at all. In that way it stands above the crowd. It isn’t a 70 gram juggernaut, it isn’t a 60 gram speed machine, it isn’t super wide and goofy. It is however the yoyo you can throw 95% of the time between using those gimmicks for a change of pace. It is an excellent daily driver in every sense. At first nothing hit me as far as first impressions went, but then the yoyos jack of all trades nature really pulled me in because I could use it all the time. If you need something quirky, though, this may not be the yoyo for you. If you just want a yoyo that’ll devour your tricks, it might just be what you’re looking for.

Overall:

I don’t see how anyone could dislike this. Its a safe bet for just about anyone. The Bishop won’t blow your mind with its low weight, it won’t spin for 20 minutes, and it you won’t cut your finger on some silly huge spike. You will however find yourself throwing it every single day and loving it if you’re fortunate enough to find yourself owning one.

1 Like

BONUS: Queen and Gambit mini-reviews.

This is the Queen! One thing about 2Sick that goes often unappreciated is just how different each of their releases have been. They each look nothing like one another.

Diameter: 56.61 mm / 2.23 inches
Width: 44.47 mm / 1.75 inches
Gap Width: 4.3 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 60/61 64.5 grams
60/61 (3rd run) 63.5 grams
70/75 66.9 grams

I have a third run Queen. For its size, it is very light but maintains high spin times. The lightweight leads to very fast play. As was the case with the Bishop, it is also very smooth and well made. It is a bell shape that is comfortable to play and it is easy to throw for long periods.

This is the Gambit! The first yoyo 2Sick made.

Specs:
Diameter- 56mm
Width- 42.46mm
Weight- 65.5g (7075 67.8g)
Gap- 4.35mm

In my experience, the Gambit had more of a hollow feel and was somewhat lacking in spin time, but the anodizing was very nice looking and the machining was high quality. It is more of an H shape and played very mechanical. The design was industrial looking and appealed to many. The Gambit was a great first effort but the company has improved since in all facets, I feel.

1 Like

does the mid wall of the bishop affect play in any way
also my queen is 65.2g

That’s what passes as a mid wall now? Haha!

I’m not a good enough judge of these things I guess, not being as into horizontal as you are. But for normal play, one wouldn’t recognize there being any wall.

Yeah that’s a mid wall alright lol :slight_smile: The OG Arctic Circle has a similar mid wall compared to the 2nd.

To me, what the Royale has qualifies more or less as a mid wall.

But nobody has ever quantified what makes a mid wall I guess. We can all identify no-wall or tiny wall… but if that’s a mid wall, what do you call everything between that and a high wall? A high wall is significantly higher than that.