Searching for a Yoyo 'Pen pal'

I’ve PMed Shiltsy with some details about the UK yoyo scene (small though it may be), the only issue is the following:

I’m aware of the island he refers to and I’ve never heard of any throwers from there. Most of the yoyoers in the UK are from within the bigger cities (London and Manchester primarily), but even within there we don’t get a chance to meet up all that often. The last (and so far, only) time I managed to get to a meet was about 1 and a half years ago… although, Palli and Ann were over here for Nationals at the time, so it was a pretty cool occasion, especially considering I was fairly new to yoyoing at that point. I’m really hoping some other foreign yoyoers decide to visit this year as well.

It’s a bit of a shame really, it would be great to see the UK scene blossom in the same way it has in the Czech Republic, but it doesn’t look like that’ll be happening particularly soon. Many of the UK players aren’t on any forums so the only chance you really get to see them is at contests. :confused:

Still, Shiltsy if you can somehow make it over here for Nats, then do it. I went for the first time last year and it was a really good laugh. :slight_smile:

1 Like