CLYW Orca

highfive

lubed and silent flats are the way to go.

1 Like

pfft what do you know…
You just started throwing Last week or something like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I was lucky enough to try one of Harrison’s at PNWR, and I was surprised. It doesn’t play like a clunky 67 g. I swear, it plays 65, but it may be just me. When I tried it, it was so smooth, pick-up lines weren’t anywhere close. Not only that, but it still plays just as solid as a return top a gram or two above it’s weight. The only reason, I didn’t buy one off him, was I was broke at the time and didn’t know how ridiculously awesome it is. Thought I would put in my 2 cents. ;D

I’m excited to get one, don’t have the money right now but hopefully will when they put out a 2nd run. I will probably get a splash. I really like the tiny whale on the side. I’m very interested to read a review on how this yoyo plays but the shape looks very intriguing and I enjoy CLYW alot.

lol wut

Don’t worry, I’m joking

Steve, are there plans on a 28s release?
Looks like a killer yoyo to me :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, there will be plenty of these in classic CLYW splash colorways (and even a few new ones). The Orca is going to be around for a while. :slight_smile:

Before the peak came out, there were 26 pages of hype like this, probably the most of all time.

You all need to stop making me want one of these! I’ve spent too much on 2 CLYWs these past 6 weeks…

Thanks Steve!

bonfire + puffin 2 + chief = orca

:smiley:

I won’t buy one because it doesn’t come in splash. I also think its overpriced. I also feel like cool splashes sell out faster than solid colors. But thats just my opinion. Good for CLYW if they can sell em out at that price with solid colors…this is why I’m not in the yoyo business, I only know what I like and not what the market demands. At this point I’m curious as to what the actual sales numbers are for splash vs solid.

P.S I’ve been looking for a brand new CLYW from multiple stores in Ash Berry color way for months now and have been willing to pay $150+ but their all sold out in every one of their yoyo’s everywhere. My suggestion to CLYW from a consumers standpoint is to make more yoyo’s in this color way when they do their runs, they sell out within a day. Its honestly not even a rarity thing anymore, its just becoming a frustration. But I guess thats what they want…to make you desire and want their throws badly :), but I’m about done with it now and I will do what others suggested earlier and just keep my money in my wallet. It seems to me that with how fast they sell out you could make more in this color and sell more which = more money for you…but once again my masters degree is in exercise science and not in yoyo making…

Since this is how this forum goes and i don’t feel like dealing with people calling me delusional or ignorant because I don’t have “facts” then consider all that I just said my HUMBLE OPINION. This is my official disclaimer because well unfortunately it almost feels like this is a requirement for posting on here anymore. So after reading please take a chill pill…or the whole bottle if you need it, and respond respectfully, I will do you the same honor, I promise. ;D

Just got a clear one, might make a review once I receive it.

Ugh no I’m poor I can’t get one

To be honest I could care less about spin time. All my bearings spin long enough. What I like about center tracks is that they do not bind back by accident. I have cracked my knuckles more than enough times with flat bearings. Maybe I don’t have the skills that all you flat bearing lovers have, maybe I’m missing something, maybe I’m just weird. But what are the drawbacks of string centering yoyos? Throughout over three years of play I have not once experienced the sting bunching myth that I so often hear about. I suppose I’m not a real man for using a “crutch” that aids in the enjoyment of this hobby. I know that some people use flat bearings to feel cool, hipster, OG, etc. I could care less about that. Now let me clear something up, this is not about CLYW or their products, this was a response to the many people who hate curved bearings both in this thread, and in the past.

Is this the Orca thread or did I take a wrong link at the “I don’t like this company so I’m gonna hate on it” thread? ;D ::slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re really excited about this design! Harrison and Chris worked really hard on creating something that is another big jump forward for CLYW designs, in the same way that the Chief was. The feedback from the team has been tremendous, and most people who have tried it have really, really liked it.

It’s a shame that some people enjoy trying to convince others that they shouldn’t enjoy the things they enjoy, but I’ve found that it’s best to just ignore them. It usually just means they are having a really bad day and are trying to make themselves feel better by taking it out on small business owners who contribute a tremendous amount to the community. Since they never seem to have these opinions handy when you run in to them in person, it would seem they are mostly fleeting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got a pink, beyond excited, thank you Chris, Harrison, Steve and the complete CLYW team for all you do.

CAN’T WAIT!

HURRY STEVE AND MAIL ME MY THROW…

I can drive and get it if you want, i’m in Detroit, so not a far drive… haha. :wink:

1 Like

Im in Detroit area too. So many throwers from around here, we really need to make a day and all get together sometime. Maybe sometime in the summer we could all do like a stoney creek outdoor park “Throw” down.