CODE 2 bearing -merged-

So i just bought a CODE 2 Nautilus and on my first throw it was absolutely silent. then it became louder and louder and within 5 mins it was responsive. i threw my friends’ code 2 at ID states and it was perfectly silent as well. anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?

It’s the OD 10-ball bearing. I’ve never had a new OD 10-ball that DIDN’T do this, so you’re in perfectly normal territory here.

The good news: the majority of people seem to have success just playing through it. Put a drop of thin lube in there, and just have at it for a good while. Be careful not to do extra-slacky tricks if it’s playing responsive lest you bust your knuckles… but after a while, it’ll be silent and smooth.

Or if you’re impatient like me, clean the bearing and lightly lube it.

Since cleaning does work, that implies that some sort of manufacturing debris gets knocked loose. I have no idea what. But whatever it is, it seems to get pulverized through play and doesn’t seem to damage the races .

1 Like

I’ve even had one OD 10 ball bearings that kept playing responsive after cleaning. But I kept playing it and it eventually broke in. GregP is right, it’s a known issue, just play through it and it’ll smooth out.

1 Like

I’ve been playing with it for like 2 hours… I’m probably just impatient lol thanks guys

I usually do tricks that slow the outside of the bearing like Gyroscopic Flop to help this

Gyro flops for sure accelerate the process.

I just cleaned my brand new bearing after over lubricating it and it is still responsive after using it for a good while and adding a drop of lube. what should i do?

Just play with it responsive.

It’ll become unresponsive within a week at most.

Patience, young grasshopper. :slight_smile:

That said, SOME bearings are just defective. It happens.

Checked this thread out? Maybe your cage needs straightening out. Not that you should have to do that for a new bearing or anything, but for those “fix it yourselfers” like me, it could be the ticket:

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,81477.0.html

I’ve had three od 10 balls, 1 was loud of and on, while the other two were pretty quiet after an hour or so

Did you buy the Code 2 from us? If so, send us an email or give us a call and we can help you out.