New Japanese Bi-Metal

Can’t wait to try these!

Got mine today. Really enjoying it. Incredibly fast. Definitely the longest spinning, most powerful yoyo in that mid-size that i’ve ever played. Had to replace the DS bearing right away because it was loud and causing lots of vibe, but i never thought much of the DS bearing anyway so not a huge deal. Also it’s heavier than i was expecting. ~65g. Was hoping it would be 62g-63g, but for most people the weight will be perfect. I just personally think 59g-63g is the ideal yoyo weight. Overall definitely happy with it and i encourage people to grab one as there’s nothing quite like it in that size and design. Also it should be noted that the purple is absolutely gorgeous, even more vibrant in person than the pictures.

so another yoyo weighed without a bearing on?
derp

nope, this is witrh the bearing, nopads, it is impossible to go to 65g, unless you weight it with the string on

That red is insane!!!

Can’t wait to get my purple one in for review. Looks like fun. One thing I can’t make out from the photos, does it have an IGR?

Here with bearing, pads and even long string.

I received my Nobunaga today and couldn’t be happier!

It is popularly compared to the extremely praised Draupnir, and for a good reason too! Although it is smaller, it still equals or exceeds the spin time and stability of all the bimetals I have played (Draupnir, Palpitation, Isotope 2, Space Cowboy, and more). The feel it has in the hand is welcoming, mostly because of the midsize specs. Some yo-yos have a very light feel on the string, moving very fast and zippy, yet usually lack stability and spin. On the other hand, some feel like they will never tip over or run out of spin, yet are typically very slow and heavy. The utilization of the stainless steel ring on the Nobunaga really creates are perfect throw, fast and light while keeping insane spin. Something that surprised me was how well the flat hub proved to be for fingerspins. This stood out to me because it is something most performance yo-yos are not able to achieve. The one minor issue that I encountered with it straight out of the box is the IR pads. They are quite grippy, causing minor problems when multiple string layers were introduced. I have no doubt this problem will pass with time as the pads begin to break in. The binds are quite snappy and responsive, which is pleasant though.

The most amazing aspect is that it can compete with any of the top end throws, yet costs considerably less (~$170 USD).

Overall, the Nobunaga is one of my favorite throws to date. Do not pass on an opportunity to pick one up. I have high hopes for Sengoku and can’t wait to see what they produce down the line!

6061t6

So I just got my Nobunaga. So far its amazing. It’s my smallest throw so getting used to that will take a minute but it’s great. Dead smooth and amazing spin power. The purple is beautiful. Already beating my expectations. Also wanted to confirm the weight. My scale says 63.5 grams with everything but a string.

Also wanted to thank NeoHamster for all of his work on this. Great communication, fast shipping and a great yoyo!

I´m glad you liked it! Thank you (and everyone that is supporting this company buying one).
Playing with fraction of a gram is quite tricky, but the important thing about weight variation is, 1-is light (under 64) 2- Is smooth.

I´m very pleased to get only positive reviews, thank you all, and lets wait until the official release so more people will have access to the mighty Nobunaga! :slight_smile:

http://i.imgur.com/N6uMBzx.jpg
review ll be up no later than Sunday

I have been told by my wife that the Nobinaga has arrived safely from Japan… and I am stuck at work until 5:30PM. :slight_smile:

The High Speed YoYo review will be up the weekend of the 15th unless something crazy happens. I need to give this the full week of testing before I do a write up. ;D

Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

Ok, just got home. I have ripped open the packaging and have played the Nobunaga for about 15 minutes.

Initial thoughts: This is going to be fun. :slight_smile:

I like this company 戦国 and its first release 信長 so much. This will be my first time writing a review.

LOOKS

I chose sexy black. Wish it was matte black, but lucky enough it came in black. I “AM NOT” a fan of engravings, but the Japanese calligraphy looks nice. Aesthetic wise, the circled area below looks like a sloppy blob to me.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/3mvu/photos/review_zpsod4sheum.png

SIZE

Company Sturm Panzer Sengoku
Yoyo Schneider MK-Ⅱ Nobunaga
Width 41mm 42 mm
Diameter 54mm 52.7mm

These are the numbers claimed by their company. I believe Nobunaga’s width is more like 40mm or 39mm. The first statistic I seek in yoyo is its width because I do 3A. Don’t want to be juggling with two huge masses and collide each other. Want the yoyos to be on the smaller side in order to yield more space for two yoyos to move at the same time. Nobunaga is smaller in width and diameter compared to my favorite Schneider MK-Ⅱ. That’s great!

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/3mvu/photos/compare_zpsqmbdeeih.png

PERFORMANCE

It took me a day to get used to Nobunaga. Probably because all I throw is Schneider MK-Ⅱ which has a size D bearing. My hands recognized the familiar shape, but it has a size C bearing. I prefer size D bearing, but if I were to use a yoyo with a size C bearing, it would be Nobunaga. It feels heavy for some reason, but that’s only until you start moving it. You can go as fast as you like, but I didn’t get the impression it’s fully converting my energy to speed. Schneider MK-Ⅱ feels like it’s moving on it’s own once you start doing tricks.

DURABILITY

The only department I was disappointed in. After 3 days of play, the ring has shifted as picture shown below. It was hard to believe. I’ve been using Schneider MK-Ⅱ for couple of months and it’s still in the same form as day 1. I used to have Eclipse Ogre, Laser, and Draupnir. None of their rings shifted even the yoyo had full of 3A marks. Eclipse Ogre’s brass rings weigh 127% more than the body and it never shifted.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/3mvu/photos/ring_zpsc0jxbfjy.png

FINAL THOUGHTS

I was looking for a smaller Schneider MK-Ⅱ in black. Nobunaga seemed to fit my preference, but couldn’t get over that fact it doesn’t have a size D bearing. The ring shifted and I was disappointed. Although my thoughts may not seem to be positive, I really like Nobunaga. Otherwise I wouldn’t have spent my time constructing this review.

FUTURE DIRECTION

I feel it’s not appropriate for me to say what the market need because my opinion is 3A based. Such a small market pool. I’m pretty sure we are all looking for titanium throws though. Tri-metal sounds very interesting. Sengoku has a lot of great ideas. Will be a pioneer in new designs.

Thank you for the review Pertyo, quite interesting.
It will help me a lot in the future to design a yoyo special for 3a
The Nobunaga indeed was performance designed purely for 1a in mind, to make it go as far as it can in 1a, it has to sacrifice some features desired for 3a, in example the rings, I did design the ring´s edges quite thin with weight distribution and aerodynamics in mind, but 3a hits in those places might bend it within time for sure.
Also, in the Sturmpanzer´s Schneider MK2 design (rings over the aluminum instead of edges), vibe is unavoidable, many people don´t like to pay 150+ bucks for a vibey yoyo (i dont care much about bive and i respect SP´s choice to go that direction, but i chose smoothness, most 1a players like smooth yoyos)

I also prefer D size bearings, but the market is limited, many people dont like and also there are not many bearing choices, I would like to contribute to the D size movement, but i think at the start of the company is not yet the time.

Perhaps for 3a the design to go is internal rings with aluminum 7068, the problem is the space inside is limited to get a very heavy stuff, or a titanium body with brass internal rings! the sky is the limit.
Thank you again, I wish it would be more fun for you for 3a, but something might come soon for you!
All people´s feedback is welcome. The more support i get from the community, the more things i can design, all i can say is I won´t stick in a single concept, some even be not only performance but fun oriented (Titanium H shape with wide flat rims for maximum area for mad sparks! aTi yoyo designed to spark, so sparks are not a consequence but a goal!)

Sky is limit as long as you guys keep supporting the company. :slight_smile:

“It is” fun! I really wish I could continue to play with them, but I must sell them before I knock the ring out.

It looks amazing, seems so stable, yet only 62-63 grams! If only I had the cash…

I just ordered a blue one, of course sadly not from YYE (They do not stock the blue variant of this yoyo which is a must for me).