Zirconium Yoyo

I guess I shoulda ended it with a “lol” hehe.

Zirconium is cool because it anodizes black and the black oxide is super durable.

Did somebody say Timascus? :slight_smile:

SSSHHHHHIIIIIINNNNNYYYYYYY !!!

What is this stuff? Is it like the process for making Damascus Steel, except using ti? I would kill for a knife made of that.

It’s Timascus, it’s a layered/patterend Titanium material.

It’s extremely expensive… but very cool. Jon does a lot with it.

Kyle

I’m curious, would the billet welding affect the balance of a throw? Or is it still consistent enough to not matter? It would look pretty awesome regardless.

The Titanium alloys used are close enough in weight to not matter. I make finger tops out of the material and they spin awesome!

:o

Do you know how many things I want to be made of TiMascus now? If I could own a pocket knife made of that, I think I’d probably use it for as many things as I could just so I could show it off

Allow me to tease you with my spoon… LOL

I have lots of fun things made from Timascus.

1 Like

TiMascus spoon? That is probably the coolest spoon I’ve ever seen

If only I could actually afford something made of TiMascus, because we all know just the material alone is expensive, never mind the labor hours

Jon, you’re a nut.

if anyone ever teases him of not being able to eat out of a golden spoon… all he has do do is whip out his timascus spoon and make everyone quiver with jealousy…

Now make me a spork.

I haven’t even seen it in person and I’m practically turning green with envy over here :stuck_out_tongue:

you look good in green

But seriously, how many hundreds for a timascus spork? Titanium sporks are pretty much the only utensils i use, but man a timascus one…

I might try making a spork… Just made this thing. http://instagram.com/p/0gRU9Minar/

It looks really nice, its to bad the price on this stuff is so high. It proves that you can work with different materials to create nice throws. The Timascus looks like some retro 80’s skateboard designs.

aka every splash ano job that people drool over for some unknown reason.

Kyle

Most splashes just look bad to me.