Alex Gallimore - Year 5

That whole thing was sidestyle…just with a reversed spin direction. :wink:

How come nobody ever asks “standard breakaway” players if they ever try throwing with a reversed spin direction to discover other tricks? Not trying to sound defensive on Alex’s behalf, but it’s just something I was thinking about earlier today. You NEVER see it… “Cool tricks, but you should try throwing off a modified front throw!”

Well… maybe Alex and Alexis JV say that to people sometimes. I don’t know. :wink:

I never recommended side style, just asked.

There are certain mounts that look incredibly good with frontspin like the ones in this video and others that look incredibly good with sidespin, if it’s called that. (Stuff beginning with double or nothing mounts, etc.)

Seriously, awesome tricks and flow.

Good stuff! I really gotta steal some more of your tricks.

Seriously awesome stuff :o

I couldn’t help but laugh at the end

You better get first at AZ states this year man! Cus if you don’t I will! :wink:

Das some nice stuff. ;D Hope you win AZ states next year.

Dang if that is your 5th year of yo-yoing I am way behind!!! XD

Thanks everyone! I’ve been absent on the forums because the app crashes on iOS 8.

Sooo good. You comin’ to Utah States again?

I’m hoping that I can. Tickets are cheap enough.

Sweet! I wanna learn some of your tricks. :smiley:

For sure man. I’ll definitely find some time for some trick sharing.

Whoa. That was really really good. The editing was icing on the cake.

Thanks man! I’ve been trying to improve the quality of my videos by improving my editing skills. Glad to hear it’s all looking good.

A fantastic video as always. You’re style is so enjoyable to watch man, I knew I’d love this video before I even watched it. Some really amazing slack work going on in there, there were many “whaaaat?!” moments throughout. :slight_smile:

It definitely notices, this was your best video so far. This is definitely going to be saved for when I next need inspiration. ;D

YoyoNews took note, too!

2 Likes

Last bump

do you have any tips for slack tricks? other then string tension?

This response is so late and after the fact, and I apologize. When I get questions I do my best to answer them.

I don’t have a specific formula for figuring out slack tricks. To be completely honest the vast majority of the whips and rejections in this video were the result of A LOT of trial and error when seeing how the yoyo and string behave with each movement. The one mount/trick that always seems to consistently make opportunities to create slack are ripcords. Ripcords always give you that extra loop attached to one of your index fingers and, with good timing, can be let go allowing the sting to quickly unwind and be pinched which will creat you slack segments.

That’s probably Sounds way more complicate than it actually is, but once you figure it out it’s a fun way to experiment with flinging string all over the place xD really just comes down to experimenting with pinching and letting go of strings, and seeing what you can do with that slack segment. Hopefully you see this eventually, but if this helps even one person reading this then it’s a thumbs up from me

1 Like

No problem your timing is perfect I Haven’t been on for a cupple months so don’t feel bad glad you took time to give an answer! I haven’t looked into ripcords and I will now as it seems it can be added all over the place! XD
Thank you for your time.
Yah Bless
JO-YO