Scooter's Mods

Duncan Profly cut to fit YYJ Rextreme weight rings fitted with Profly caps. For you fixed axle guy’s.

3 Likes

That’s pretty awesome!!!

2 Likes

Plays pretty sweet, 51 grams for some long spins. Thanks for the kudos.

That looks awesome! Nice work.

1 Like

Again, really great job on these mods. Looks top-notch A+!

1 Like

Holy jumpin’! That’s awesome!

1 Like

You do some really nice work.

1 Like

I’m really digging the overall craftsmanship you put into your mods and the showmanship that results, it looks like it shipped from Duncan that way. I have a mod I’ll be posting soon too, a Classic of Classics with a Platinum NSK and Silicone Response. It is drying as we speak actually. 8)

Thank you, i cant wait to see them. When i get more time i would like to do some bimetal throws but im workin 72 hour per week for a refinery turnaround.

Bi-Metal Moddings sounds really cool! Also, are you saying you’re a Rigger (Oil)? If so, I have some acquaintances that do that too, amazing money but they are away like 80% of the year I believe.

Operator in a refinery in Chicago suburbs.

1 Like

I thought of this today and figured I would try it out as I have nothing to lose. Dorman makes a corbin style spring clamp in a 1/2" size that fits perfect on the hub keeping the plastic snug against the splines on the nut. These can be found at most auto parts stores as well as online, for $10 i have enough to apply this fix to 5 rextreme’s. I have tried this on one that started to crack and will be putting it through some testing. Applying one on another that has already been stripped gave it more gripping power to at least be able to take it apart and reassemble but still slips some. If you catch it before it strips out It could greatly lengthen the lifespan of it. What have you got to lose but $2. Give it a try and let me know what you find on yours.

Scooter

One side note, they do add 2 grams per side but do not effect play.

4 Likes

but those clamps aren’t precision machined, and they clearly have tabs on them so they’re unbalanced, you’ve just ruined the entire yoyo!

You should have just got out your injection molding machine, made a casting of the original hub, made a mold for that and injection molded a new part… then machined out the old one on a nice haas CNC lathe and replaced it with the new part.

Any “real” modder would know that… so much misinformation!!

Also, nice work :slight_smile:

Kyle

2 Likes

Nice. I’ve got 2 Rextremes that I need to try this on. (Already cracked.) I love the way the Rextreme plays, but it seems like durability was never even considered in the design.

1 Like

Mine is still going strong, anyone else who tries this let me know your results. Maybe we can save some from suffering this fate… Soon to be chopped and some re-hubbed. As soon as I get done with cataloging and get back to modding i’ll post some pics of the projects in the works.

In addition, you can also add one or two drops of superglue, make sure it seeps between the metal and plastic part of the hub, this will lock them in place, no more slipping.

1 Like

So cool.

Running out of ideas for these rextreme weight ring, but they are cool. What I ended up with was a One slightly narrower and 9 grams heavier. Standard One is 56.5 grams and this was 64.8 grams. The only thing left is to remove the grabby pads and flow some silicone in the grooves. What do you think?

More pics

That is amazing! I would love to play with that with a narrow bearing in so that it’s responsive! Looks like it will play great

1 Like