Amplified Return Tops - Official News

I was thinking a forum pat on the back? :wink:

I wonder if any of the Shout colors will become a regular with Amplified, and appear in every run, including Orator, sort of like a signature colorway. So far, I have jamboree, cosmos and U.S.A. I’m waiting for one more. ;D

I’m loving that cup, looks pretty decent for fingerspins.

Might be coincidental, or planned, but I’m LOVING the fact that the yoyo named “Orator” has a cup taht looks like a speaker. GoCrazy, you are a genius if you planned it that way. Would love to have a chance to test it out sometime :slight_smile:

First run colors will mostly stay the same from model to model. Runs after that will have more variety.

The Orator’s first run, as currently planned, will have 7 of the 8 colorways that the Shout’s first run has.

is there ever gonna be a pink green and blue on… those colors for some reason just shine for me…

I just got a Shout in the mail today, and wanted to give you a big thumbs up! Curious about all the rim weight though, did you ever consider a spike in the catch zone?

I noticed mine had a little bit of pesky vibe and was curious if it was with all the yoyos in the run. I know when yoyos are made with a ton of rim weight and not enough center they tend to have a bit of character.

Great job!

1 Like

The Shout is actually a very smooth return top. The run is mostly smooth too. I did have b-grades. I fingernail test before I ship out. Sometimes the bearings aren’t as smooth as I like them to be.

If the entire run had imperfections, I wouldn’t have released.

Also Priority Mail gets pressurized. It may have warped while in the air. How bad is the vibe in the Shout you purchased? If you are unhappy with it, I’d be happy to swap it out with another. (If the yoyo is without external damage)

That sounds good, how about the finish on the Orator, have you decided already?

Blasted, for all models.

blasted for all models sounds like a winner…

I did not purchase it directly, that is why I was curious in the first place, I think it was the fault of the person I got it from in a trade.

I’m sorry to hear that, does it help if you tune it? How do you feel about the Shout overall, modman10?

Just a PSA that may or may not apply to this particular case: when yoyos are rim-weighted, they can vibe more easily on the throw. To see if it’s the yoyo itself or not, just touch your finger to the yoyo for a moment or two, which will smooth it out as much as it’s gonna get.

Or in other words, hold the yoyo up with one hand and do a very light “finger grind” (without the weight of the yoyo actually settling on your finger) for a few moments to test the actual smoothness of the yoyo.

Isn’t this is the fingernail test? This is how I usually judge vibe.

I don’t have the best throw, so I always check this way.

Amazing, nimble and speedy, comfortable in the hand, going to make it really hard when i have to thin out the collection.

And I did in fact mess with the yoyo a bit before I posted, new bearing, lube, flipping the axle, the dude who sent it to me just tossed it into a box and slapped a label on it though.

The whole reason I brought it up was because of a talk I had with Andrew Daugherty over at onedrop about vibe and rim weight. He was advising me about a vibey prototype.

I like being able to talk to the manufacture of a yoyo a lot, and I see great potential, if you have any more questions pm me!

I hope anyone interested remembers that the best way to get second runs and yoyo design down the line from a company that you want, especially a new, smaller company, is to buy what’s currently available. The Shout is a seriously great throw in great colorways, and they aren’t sold out yet. Anyone who can pick one up and wants to see what the future has in store for this company should grab one.

I see, and I completely understand the design theory. I’m glad you enjoy your shout. I hope my posts didn’t come off as overly defensive, I was merely concerned. I just had a few questions. I actually have a few more. PM coming soon. :wink:

That sounds good. I can’t wait to see how the blast affects the colorways. This will be really cool.

I have no issues with vibe on my three Shouts, they all play nice. I don’t care about a little vibe on a throw though. I do mention it in my short reviews on the forum, for the people who actually care, but it’s not something I care a lot about. It’s all good over here.

I’ll post the next Shout when it comes in the mail very soon. And, I can’t wait to hear more about the Orator plans. Do you think you’ll drop the Orator before the Shout has a second run?

There could be a few Orator prototypes sold before, but the first run will most likely come after the second run of the Shout.

Word. Blasted Shout! Woot!

What is the finish for the first run Shout?