Does anyone use Fountain Pens?

I too, use Noodler’s in my Pens; vintage or not. I was only wondering what others thought.

I have never restored a Pilot Vacumatic. I have a Pilot Custom 823 Piston-filler; but even I would hesitate to take it apart. They are notoriously difficult to work on. Besides, it is one of my favorite pens of all. Damaging it would be catastrophic. :slight_smile:

Esterbrooks are a great place to start. They are relatively inexpensive and there are tons of spare parts available. I mostly restore Sheaffer and Parker because they have the best retail values and spare parts like sacs/spares are also easily obtained.

It is fun to take a dingy, old crusted pen and give it a good cleaning as well as replacing what is worn. Writing with a like-new pen that is almost twice my considerable age; is kind of cool. These are pens that were made when fountain pens were actually in use. Unlike many modern pens, these are smooth as glass and QUIET when used.

Old, mass-produced consumer-level pens I love:

1. Sheaffer Pen For Men - Simply the best.
  2. Sheaffer Imperial (14k nib please)
  3. Parker 51 & good 21’s (I like aerometric better; but vacumatics are fine too)
  4. Parker 75 - 14k nib.
  5. Sheaffer Snorkel (Clipper, Statesman, Valiant, Autograph…)