Yoyorecreation DS Bearing - Review

I guess bearings work like lottery nowadays.

Haha yep. Most of the time you don’t win.

I just gone one recently. Really good bearing

1 Like

The one that came in my triad was kind of crunchy …lol

I guess you win some you lose some

Strangely enough, same here. The DS bearing that came with my Sleipnir is much quieter and smoother.

I know, it’s always weird buying bearings, because you don’t really know what kind of QC they go through. Probably don’t even have a QC.

Does it come in a 10 ball version?

The stainless steel version of the DS is a 10 ball, but the platinum and gold versions manufactured by NSK are somewhat superior. I prefer the platinum as it’s the quietest, but you can’t go wrong with any of them.

1 Like

Can’t argue with that. Got a hold plated nsk ds. Unbelievable bearing.

1 Like

Sorry for the necro posting but I didn’t need to open a new post.
I am using those bearing now from several months (DS platinum) and in more than 10 years of playing I never had bearing as good as those ones, on the expensive side but the money are totally worth.
I always had issues with bearings, idk why but usually they get stuck, responsive quite immediately, messed up, doesn’t matter how many times I use to clean them I ends up destroying them, I have no idea how many of them I broke after all those years of playing but is a crazy amount.

I decided to invest in bearings (have to be honest, while buying them the first time I was sceptic, I thought them was the classic snake oil) but with my surprise it totally worth it, from when I have those bearings I did not had to clean them even once, they never get blocked or responsive, they just are perfect from day one, smooth, fast, not noisy, spin for very long time and they seems incredibly good quality.

I also love how they feel on the string, I like the design that YYR did on those the string slide smoothly and nicely without bumps and similar, it make the playing experience very smooth and nice and I really do not have to fight with bearings that get responsive while filming and similar.

I have one of those in every main yoyo I have and that I use daily, couple of them reach a quite high price but they literally solved my bearing problems that I have from years, basically I said no to a 60$ yoyo and invested on the yoyos I already have upgrading them.

Also I want to add that is the first bearing that actually defeated the humid in the country where I am from, during Easter I travelled back home and every time I had to bring with me some spare bearings because 100% them get stuck in that weather (the island where I am from is incredibly hot, humid and I come from a seaside town), the DS bearing didn’t skip a beat for the whole holidays and keep being amazing as it usually is.

Great product, totally worth!

5 Likes

Agree king, I’ve tried everything and nothing tops DS bearings. Totally worth the investment. Breathes totally new life into some throws. They just feel SO good, the difference is actually kinda surprising. They also have this weird vibe reducing magic lol. Popped it in my EDC Grail which had some vibe I couldn’t get rid of and it totally made it glass smooth. And it made my Peak as smooth as I think it’ll ever get. I agree, it sounds like snake oil at first, but after having them in a few of your throws, you want them in ALL of your throws. “Blessing and a curse” type thing.

4 Likes

I am still impressed on how good those bearings are, I having them on my main yoyos that “”““worth””“”“” it, I love them mostly when I film video, imagine before I used to scream by the frustration of while filming get the bearing responsive, it was a curse totally and ruined the whole video experience.
Those bearings are soooo smooth, even my gf like their sound as it is very subtle, it give a different style to the yoyo which is crazy, honestly is one of my favourite products on the whole yoyo market.

From when I am in this forum I learnt so much about strings, return systems, bearings other than just yoyos, before I used to play with random stuff I find around or the shop sent to you as freebie, never really cared about those stuff, from when I upgraded my equipment my playing upgraded so much as well and even more my flow on the tricks, have to say that sometimes good equipment make a difference and unleash the creativity even more.

3 Likes

Absolutely. It’s just crazy how sometimes it’s like “Oh so THAT’S how this yoyo is SUPPOSED to feel like.” Allows you to use it at its peak performance, I love it.

3 Likes

I’ve tried a lot of different bearings. These are by far the best bearings I’ve used. I have them in about half of my collection so far. I immediately replace centertracs. Centertracs have been nothing but bad luck for me. The standard yyf ones at least. I don’t think the design is what’s bad. I usually don’t replace konkaves unless they get crunchy. Konkaves are probably my second favorite.

But you have to make sure to get the platinum ones as they are manufactured by NSK. And I think, imo, NSK is the reason I find DS bearings so good.

3 Likes

DSs are good, but this thread got me thinking about Duncan and the bearings they use. I have 5 Duncans, and all 5 are smooth, quiet and spin fantastically. I’ve never been tempted to change them. Anyone know what they use?

2 Likes

Duncan uses their own licensed KonKave, and I agree they are underrated.

3 Likes

Lol okay so you and @Albertino sold me real hard on the ds bearings! Hah I just have to try them now! I can’t find any in stock but it looks like yye has the pixel bearings in stock which seem to be a very similar shape and design concept. Have you tried those and are they comparable? Should I grab one to try or just wait until I find some of the yyr good ds bearings manufactured by nsk in stock somewhere?

1 Like

Yes I’ve tried the pixel bearings, and no they are not the same thing. Don’t buy anything until the DS platinums come back in stock, it’s worth the wait.

2 Likes

Henry for now I haven’t found anything better than that and I do not think it actually exist, I would say to wait until the DS bearings come back in stock in YYE (first time I bought them I message them in instagram to ask when back in stock) so try to do the same as I understood that they restock frequently and all get sold out quite quickly because them are just so good! About the pixel I heard mixed opinions but only good one about the DS

2 Likes

Pixels are ok. But the problem is that it’s random as to whether you get a good one or not. Same with a lot of other bearings. I have close to 30 DS bearings. Each one plays amazing.

Edit: And to add, when you buy other bearings and only half of them perform requiring replacing, the price of the plat ds bearings then don’t seem so high.

2 Likes