Irony JPX

Ok, now that you guys have slapped this poor Yoyo back and forth for awhile; I will share a little insight with you; that may unravel this mystery for a few.

Stu, from Werrd; designed and released the Irony JP after compiling a mound of input from high caliber Players. He focused on some of the Japanese players that favor power and speed without too much rim weight or other extremes on balance. He wanted to finalize a Yoyo design that would not only exhibit Competition performance; but would be suitable to players at various skill levels.

The Irony JP is a perfect example of what happens when good information is put to Great use. The Irony JP is(in my opinion) one of the best playing yoyos available today.

If you have ever thrown one around; I am not telling you anything you don’t already know.

Werrd wanted to make up a Signature Yoyo for Carlos. Stu would have started from scratch; but Carlos really liked the Irony JP. After extensive playing; Carlos told Stu, 'I really love this Yoyo… But; it just feels a little bit too heavy for my style. If it could just be a few grams(about) lighter; that might work just right.

So Stu said, 'Hey, that’s easy enough. I will shave about a gram(about) off each half of a stock Irony JP. That would be the fastest way to see if we are headed in the right direction.

Once the rims were shaved; Stu just polished the raw edges: because they looked better polished and because the shine gave the Yoyo a Flashier look while Carlos was punching out his Amazing Trick combos. And it helped to identify the lighter model as a Signature model and as a lighter option. Just common sense.

Carlos told Stu the ‘Shave’ did the trick. Stu told him, ‘Ok, we’ll make more’.

Instead of altering the machine program; Stu simply made another batch at the stock weight and then went to the time and trouble to give em all a shave and a haircut; to achieve the new lighter weight and the snazzier look.

No attempt was ever made; to deceive anybody about anything.

The only thing Werrd did was make up a Custom version of an already known Yoyo for an already Famous player.

Astounding to me how a guy(Stu) that Customizes just about everything he touches; should get any ‘Negative heat’ for doing just what guys like him do.

He made a Custom yoyo(Irony JP) and then he Customized his Own Custom Yoyo.

What’s the Problem?

And… Most interestingly; seems up to this point; nothing has been mentioned about how much Yoyo you are getting for your Hundred bucks, lol

This JPX is quite an exceptional player; even before you realize or consider that it cost less than half as much as some bi-metal yoyos.

I actually kinda hope Stu doesn’t follow this Forum. I would hate to think he would feel dissed for going to so much trouble… Taking so much time; to come up with such a winning Recipe; only to have a few detractors suggest he was/ is pulling something.

JPX; what a great Yoyo.

4 Likes