YoYoFactory - Made in USA

I mean I totally get that, but I havnt seen any “slander” here. I have seen some questions and comments that are critical of YYF. Like my recent post, it was not slanderous I’n the least. But while Ben was on the thread I just wanted to know why my “anonomous” question on ask.fm was answered so rudely. And while ask.fm issuses are usually not YYE issues this particular one was considering it was directly asking about a listing in your store. So I really do not understand why that particular post was deleted?
I mean I don’t know? Maybe my question asking skills are so bad they merit rudeness?
If this is the case I would like to know so I can work on myself lol.

And again… Sending an email to them personally might help better? Or a tweet or post on their Facebook wall? The purpose of this thread was not to openly criticize YoYoFactory. So another post trying to highlight negative aspects is exactly what I asked we move away from.

I’m just curious why you didn’t contact us directly in the first place since it was on our website? That is actually our bad - we needed to update the Pocket Change description ages ago (and we just did). They are correct - the OFFSTRING they used to make is so outdated I’m not sure you would be able to find one anywhere or any information about it either. Thanks for bringing it to our attention though as I did change the page.

As for YoYoFactory’s FM - if you read the answers it becomes pretty obvious very fast that the answers are given quickly/concisely in a very casual manner and probably typed out on a smart phone fast. It’s hard to keep up with the volume of questions/information coming at companies across all the different social media platforms. I think you are lucky that they took the time to respond at all and let you know the yo-yo hasn’t been made in six years. “Moving on…” to me reads moving on to more questions - the yo-yo is so old there just isn’t anything they can really tell you that will help. They used to sell parts that are just no longer available.

4 Likes

I’m just curious, but who runs your Yoyoexpert account now? lol Anyway, I don’t see how this thread was defending anything. YYFBen was just informing us which throws were made in the US, since it seems to matter a lot to some people that they don’t buy anything that’s produced in China. If you ask me, I think it’s very professional that he took the time to confirm that some Yoyofactory throws are still produced in the United States. I think some of you guys are taking it as him defending his company, when instead, he is reassuring people YYF is still very much an American company. Besides, I see YYF producing throws in China as a good thing. Without producing them in China, there’s no way they would be able to sell an amazing throw such as the Shutter for such a low price. It’d be a premium if they produced it here. They’re benefiting our community by allowing people to experience a very high end throw for a very cheap price.

1 Like

Our entire team here uses it now (we get a lot of ‘general’ customer service personal messages to it as well so we all keep an eye there).

I of course see pretty much all of it - but I wanted to be able to personally connect with people and have a way for people to reach out to me and know they are getting the ‘real’ person - so decided to use a new account to do that with. :wink:

4 Likes

Very good move. The store/forum owner having an identifiable account is an important factor in the operation. Other forum owners I’ve known were well aware of it, YoMike in particular lived it. (not to say we didn’t know who Yoyoexpert was, it’s just nice to see a name out there.)

Hey Ben

Thanks for making this post and clarifying which off your product is U.S. made vs other.
I’m sure it matters for some while not important for others.
Alas, I and many others appreciate it.

~Z

Really, guys? Somebody has to let him know.

there have probably been 100 or more posts deleted this week.

I don’t understand what they “need to know”. They know they make top notch product. They know some of it is done in china, they obviously know some of it’s made in the USA. But wether it is made in china or in the USA they all perform great! The shutter is arguably one of the best throws from YYF. “made in china”. The Cyborg is one of the best recent throws to come from YYF “100% american”. Both spin and both will do any tricks you throw at them. Am I missing something? Does the shutter feel like orange chicken and the Cyborg feel like steak and Potatoes? Cause they both feel great to me.

lol @ propaganda :wink:

YYF is a cool company and Ben just felt the need to educate some folks. Get over it. Whether its made in the USA or not, I’ll support YYF because they do more than just make yoyos. They support the yoyo community in a variety of ways. (Contest, Teaching, Going to schools, Touring)

But yea… Yoyo’s are fun.

I’m not talking about YYF. I called Zamstrom out for being stupid, in the most well thought out non-mean way as possible, it got deleted. Hope he saw it. Because it really should be brought to his attention.

Also, I never said YYF product was bad. I own a Shutter, I play it all the time. I also bought 3 401Ks brand new, and tons of things in between. I’ve been buying their stuff since they’ve been around, I don’t need you to tell me what their stuff is like. Its Ben I don’t like. Well, I also don’t like the massive gaps and slim response they use, but that’s beside the point.

Ahhh I see sorry for the misunderstanding. Also sorry you don’t like Ben cause he’s an amazing guy. Plus he has a cool accent :wink:

No, I want an answer to my question. Asked on fm as well

[quote=“”]

ok - but if no one has answered it by now, they’re probably not going to.

Then send him a PM next time.

1 Like

The longer this thread gets, the more photos we need. I should have shown both sides of my Genesis (so pretty) :slight_smile: :

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3861/14924240762_b198314895_c.jpg
Genesis 2014 by TotalArtist Yoyos, on Flickr

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5484/14639821103_f9f20eb2c0_z.jpgGenesisUSAspin2 by The TotalArtist, on Flickr
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2928/14617797564_fb517ca37d_z.jpgGenesisUSAspin1 by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

And, I might have to get that new black SHU-TA as a twin for my pink ;D :

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3926/14657398128_85207ba3f4_z.jpgShu-ta by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

Mikers, I have a Question for you. I didn’t know the answer before I saw the pic. But on the last page, Totalartist posted a pic of both halves of the Genesis. And on the red half it says Made in the USA.

Like I said, I am not saying you are wrong, cuz I didn’t even know where it was made.

But were you thinking of something else? Another batch of Genesis or a different model?

1 Like

^ Thanks 'doc.  You are correct, that was made in the U.S.A., so he was incorrect.  Here’s another one.

No better way to show YoyoFactory that it matters, than buying the U.S.A. made stock they provide for us.  It doesn’t matter much to me, but I happen to have some of them:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3897/15046606201_06951a5ec2_z.jpgCZM8 by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8641/15802779343_42e3438de2_z.jpgCZM8yyfspin by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

Grey with gold splash, U.S.A. made, still available in the store. 
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/958/YYF-Czech-Mate-czm8

1 Like

The USA Space Cowboys however.

I guess I should have clarified better when I got called out. I had a distinct memory of a high end bi-metal USA edition YYF being made in China(which I feel I need to reiterate, I have no real “problem” with aside from the total lack of machine work happening stateside overall), turns out this was the Space Cowboy and only the Cowboy.
In the interest of fairness to myself, I did try to research before I made that post, but it seems nobody carries the 2014 Genesis anymore so the country of origin isn’t listed. Only the SC from the same collection, so I inferred the rest. Obviously I was wrong.