YoYoFactory - Made in USA

Personally It has never been a issue of quality for most people I talk to about it. All of your fancy gadgets and probably most things in your home are made in china and I think that is becoming an accepted standard.

It mostly is an argument of jobs and revenue not staying within the US. The fact of the matter is that people (Companies) who produce products for consumption, do so only at a profit. Other wise they would be considered non-profits.

Some companies choose to employ workers and suppliers within their own country at risk of losing profit while others outsource labor and materials to make the company more profitable.

YYF is a great company that makes a great product.
Company “X” is also a great company that makes a great product, however company “X” only produces yoyos in the US with US workers and materials.

There’s a reason no one knows Company “X” and thats because it is extremely unlikely for a company who sells a commodity, yoyos for example, to be competitive when everyone else is doing the same thing YYF is doing. Its common place now, and its only going to get worse until labor laws and regulations get better in foreign countries. Businesses dont care about being patriotic or supporting their own country, they care about profit margins.

EDIT: I also realize that there are people in between who do kind of a half outsourcing thing but I was just trying to make the picture clear. Theres nothing wrong with how YYF runs, they have families and mouths to feed too. We cant all be non/minimal-profit companies.
lol rant over. Im sure that there are plenty of exceptions but not enough to really make an impact.

Feel free to dispute this though, this is just my view on it.

4 Likes