NC States 2015

Is it the pink/purple one? If so i tried it too. I loved it :slight_smile: unfortunately I have no money

Yep, the purple and pink one. It was the first CLYW I tried, smooth as butter. He also has a relative that owns a yoyo shop, so he already tried the CLYW Orca. He’s also got a horizon, which is also cool

Yeah him and this other dude were doing tricks with the shutter and his horizon. The one guy used my Advance Scout managed to break it in. Also the guy who was with your friend taught me some stuff and he was going to teach me this combo from the multifarious whip but we ran out of time. There was only one more guy there and he hung out in the corner and did really good 5a with his rapid. It was super fun :slight_smile:

I’m definitely not as good as my friend or you guys, probably. But I want to come. It’s next week, yeah?

Yeah its on the 22nd i believe. Dont get down on yourself! When i went last week i wasn’t as good and i am younger then they are, but they treated me normally and taught me stuff like i was one of their peers

1 Like

I’m excited to learn new stuff though. The only thing is I don’t have much time right now. If I had more spare time I’d be on my yoyo stuff but as of lately I’m not learning as fast as I should

If kitty hawk kites is involved, does that mean it would be at the beach?

I don’t think so, necessarily. Yoyoing at the beach is fun though :slight_smile:

I would be happy to help if I can, but I’m not sure how much help I would be. ;D

This got way off topic. Will there be a North Carolina State Yoyo Contest this year?

There is a meet this Sunday if I am correct, I have to ask ed and the others on what we are planning. Nothing set yet

I had an idea for a possible venue in the Raleigh area.
I’m going to try and check that out today, but I’m not holding my breath.

I have a venue if you guys are interested.

I’m a teacher at a High School and my principal loved the idea of having the contest here.
We are in Wake Forrest and we have a stage and sound and all that.

I don’t know all the other things that go into pulling off the contest, but I can help with hosting the facility.

For those of you that don’t know where Wake Forrest is, it’s just about 15 minutes north of Raleigh.

Step one seems to be complete. There is a location possible to use that comes with a stage, speakers, and mic, I’m guessing?

What’s left, let’s look at the list… oh

now a high school sounds like a good idea…

We have all of those things at the school I teach at.

Step one is complete? Isn’t that setting the date?

If we could make a flyer I could try to talk to business in the area.
What is our goal for money we need to raise?

Are you being sarcastic?

How can we make a date if we do not have a venue? I think that should come first. Now that we have a location, we need a date. I say give ourselves time and doing something in the Fall. September/October maybe.

As for a money goal, I don’t know. We need judges, awards, MC, and advertisement. Whatever that rings up we can try to get in sponsors.

I thought you were talking about the list Ed posted earlier, and the first thing there is set a date.

Fall sounds good to me. There are probably some stores around here that would sponsor.
Maybe one hobby shop, and then if Kitty Hawk Kites was into it, would be the only stores I know of that actually sell yoyos.

But, there are some other stores that might be interested.

Sweet, we may be on to something. Once we have a date and location set in stone and a little bit of money we can start marketing to bigger yoyo companies.

Ok cool.
You want me to check what dates are available in the Fall?