NC States 2015

I have a venue if you guys are interested.

I’m a teacher at a High School and my principal loved the idea of having the contest here.
We are in Wake Forrest and we have a stage and sound and all that.

I don’t know all the other things that go into pulling off the contest, but I can help with hosting the facility.

For those of you that don’t know where Wake Forrest is, it’s just about 15 minutes north of Raleigh.

Step one seems to be complete. There is a location possible to use that comes with a stage, speakers, and mic, I’m guessing?

What’s left, let’s look at the list… oh

now a high school sounds like a good idea…

We have all of those things at the school I teach at.

Step one is complete? Isn’t that setting the date?

If we could make a flyer I could try to talk to business in the area.
What is our goal for money we need to raise?

Are you being sarcastic?

How can we make a date if we do not have a venue? I think that should come first. Now that we have a location, we need a date. I say give ourselves time and doing something in the Fall. September/October maybe.

As for a money goal, I don’t know. We need judges, awards, MC, and advertisement. Whatever that rings up we can try to get in sponsors.

I thought you were talking about the list Ed posted earlier, and the first thing there is set a date.

Fall sounds good to me. There are probably some stores around here that would sponsor.
Maybe one hobby shop, and then if Kitty Hawk Kites was into it, would be the only stores I know of that actually sell yoyos.

But, there are some other stores that might be interested.

Sweet, we may be on to something. Once we have a date and location set in stone and a little bit of money we can start marketing to bigger yoyo companies.

Ok cool.
You want me to check what dates are available in the Fall?

you guys might want to email andre… he has someone approach him about the contest a few days ago.

Yes, that would be awesome. You might have to be the main guy behind this because I’m 15 and live in Alabama, so I can’t really do much. :slight_smile:

Wait, what?

I sent him a PM.

Did he say who it was?
I’d be happy to work with whomever to try and make it happen.

here is the email…

Good afternoon,

I stumbled upon the Yo-yo Contest website, and I wanted to reach out to you today and see if you would be interested in North Carolina for any of your upcoming competitions.

My job is to promote tourism to Cabarrus County, which is just north of Charlotte, NC, by bringing in sporting events. I work with event organizers to find venues and anything else they may need. We have some great venues and hotels that I’d love to show you!

If you’re interested in bringing any event to a new location, I’d love to talk to you about what your event needs are, if Cabarrus County is able to accommodate, and the benefits of choosing our county!

Thank you for your time,

Danielle Kijowski
Sports Sales Manager
Cabarrus County Convention & Visitors Bureau
10099 Weddington Rd, Ste. 102 | Concord, NC 28027
Direct: 704-456-7972 | Mobile: 704-575-3738
Danielle@VisitCabarrus.com

Well if they want to run it, that’s cool with me.
I don’t have any contacts in that area, but I’d be happy to help.

That is not far from the club in Moorseville so I’m sure they would be interested too.

Ooh. Wake Forest is kinda far, but I’ll be there if it happens. What do you need me to do? I live in Charlotte. I can email potential sponsors, but I need a leader or someone who will step up so taht I can lead them there and keep the ball rollin’.

I think that is where we are all kind of at.
To sum up, we have two possible venues (wake Forest or the Concord area) and several people willing to help with sponsors or making contact with people.

But we need someone to help us with the actual contest logistics.
Things like judges and so forth.
I’ve never been to a yoyo contest so I’m not even sure what it should look like.

I know that ed lives in NC and he has judged, and he said he’ll be happy to. But we’re going to need more than one.

He could do Head Judge and MC.

Right now, we need to contact Danielle Kijowski and work together in trying to do a contest. I don’t feel right doing it since I am really far away from any potential locations.

lol dude it’s okay we got this… all the things that can be done will be, don’t worry about it. BTW do you have a yoyo contest in your state?

Nope

If you guys want to do Concord I’ll be happy to help however I can from a couple hours away.