YoYoRecreation Sleipnir/CLASH Review

A Lot of people have been extremely curious about the YoYoRecreation (formerly 44re: creation) Sleipnir and the CLASH. Here’s my review on them.Sorry if it’s not the best, but I put this together from my knowledge and opinions about these yoyos. If you’d like to add anything, please do, because I never really review yoyos.

SLEIPNIR:http://i37.tinypic.com/244brch.jpg
diameter “57mm”
width “43mm”
weight “65g”
bearing “large (0.250 in x 0.500 in x 0.187 in)”
response “silicon sticker thickness 0.3mm or 0.5mm”

CLASH:http://i33.tinypic.com/2cgmr91.jpg
diameter “59.5mm”
width “42mm”
weight “70g”
bearing “large (0.250 in x 0.500 in x 0.187 in)”
response “silicon sticker thickness 0.3mm or 0.5mm”

First Impressions: When I first saw this I said to myself, “WAY too big and possibly very heavy”. The yoyos themselves have larger diameters and widths than most other yoyos do, and it’s quite obvious. The finish on the them is polished aluminum, which gives them a simple yet sleek design, and what can I say about the machining and time put into designing these yoyos…Kengo did an incredible job.

Play:
Slepinir: Ignore everything I said about the Sleipnir being a heavy and large looking yoyo. It doesn’t play like it one bit! This is one of the smoothest yoyos I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning. Fast player, tight binds from the silicone stickers, and can handle many layers of string. The Sleipnir is one of my favorite yoyos to play, and if you ever get a chance to purchase or even try on of these, don’t hesitate. It will not disappoint!

CLASH Be reminded that this yoyo is 70g, but don’t let that intimidate you! The CLASH is smoother and funner to play than the Sleipnir (in my opinion), mainly because of the fact that it’s a heavy, stable yoyo which plays just as good as it looks. Again, tight binds, a slightly larger gap which make hitting those difficult tricks effortless, and a flawless finish. I could go on forever on how awesome this yoyo is, but it would do it no justice. You just have to try one!

In short, two more great products from yoyorecreation!

1 Like

I didn’t get a chance to try one at Nats, I don’t think they had a demo available. Based on the Stardust 2 my son bought, I’m very impressed with their build quality and attention to detail though. And love the huge axles.

The product naming for the Clash is very confusing to me though - 44:recreation clash vs 44clash