Any Musicians Out There??

It’s been so long since this thread has been up, that my band got our music mastered and part of our album uploaded to soundcloud! Check us out! https://soundcloud.com/auricgloom

congrats jonas…

im currently working on"Christmas time is Here" from “It’s Christmas Charlie Brown!”.

its not a difficult piece im just not up to par with my jazz type pieces…

congrats rockerkid. I always wanted to join when I was in school but never did. But we had a lot of indie rock, hardcore and metal bands out here and played some bars and venues when I was in high school so that was just as good if not better.

Would love to see everyone’s equipment so post me up!

Oh, forgot. I played bass and guitar in high school but now only play guitar. When I was making music with my brother 5 or so years ago, I played bass, guitar, some keys and harmonica.

Thank you! I play guitar and recently picked up bass, its a lot of fun. I want to start a punk band or something of that nature but everyone I know goes to some sort of band program at a place called rock and roll university.

Oo that’s a great song! I love playing it on trombone.

it is a fun song…

My high school homecoming football game was today. Lots of fun, my family recorded it for my Grandma. Our football team won so that’s cool. My brother is going to the dance, I’m not cause I’m not the dancing type. So now I’m sitting at home with my dad writing an essay for chemistry.
edit: here’s our bands half time show its pretty awesome!

Didgeridude here, representing the digeridoo proper.

So im playing Charlie Brown “Christmas Time is Here” ive probably jazzed it up way more then i should have, but its such a fun song.

helps also that i have hands enough to play the chords… thought hitting the twelfth is still a little hairy at times when both keys are on sharps…

Well today in band class we were getting count of how many bass clarinets and bassoons we have in out back room… Turns out we have 10 bass clarinets and 10 bassoons, and only 2 bassoons and half of the bass clarinets work. We really need to clean the back room out more… Cause apparently we also have a contrabass clarinet back there too.

I’m a guitarist and bassist, in a few bands. Had two releases this year and usually tour about once a year for 2-3 weeks

sounds like fun…

It is, it would be more fun if there was money involved :stuck_out_tongue:

thats always the issue with things like that… you do what you love not for the pay but for the love of it.

Definitely, it is who you are

I play bass and drums and excuse the name haven’t logged onto here since 2009!

Most of use who have played for a living know we are basically lower middle class at best. Still nothing, NOTHING, is better than playing for an energized crowd. That is what it is all about.

Yay! Got a new bass clarinet ligature! Man it sounds sooo good! The low notes sound even better now!

I might have posted in this thread before, but I’m not sure. Just thought I’d say I’ve played trumpet for 4 years and guitar for 8. I’m trying out for Governor’s Honors Program jazz guitar and need to decide a song for the live audition. Recently been working on gaining speed and dexterity in solo’s. Jim Root has some great warm up stuff for anyone looking at that. Awesome stuff guys.