Any Musicians Out There??

Nice! We are doing a Tower of power tribute show! It’s really funky but super hard stuff

cool!

:o Is that gonna be your field show? Because that would be realllly cool!

yeah my school is already getting ready for the football games In September.

Coolio

How many shows do you guys do each football season?

Well, my band does all the home games and homecoming, so we are doing 5 games this year.

I hate to say, “well in my day” but, that is why I asked about how many shows you do. All the schools where I grew up had a completely new show with new music for each and every home game.

yeah my band doesn’t do that, we have predetermined sets for the football games, with sometimes the same music as something is earlier.

My band basically does its same field show for every performance they play meaning football games, festivals, competitions, etc. Btw! Our next year’s show consists of Bohemian Rhapsody, a bit of Sam Smith, and classical music because it is about the Evolution of Music :slight_smile:

This was nearly 2 years ago, so I’m not super proud of my playing, but it’s alright.

Love classical piano and classical in general, but I’m a huge fan of alternative rock, and Thom Yorke is my role model in terms of music.

In the best jazz band in the U.S. :yum:

Pianists unite! lol. I miss having private lessons with the best teachers ever :frowning: I am self-taught right now. #talent

1 Like

High school band?

Be proud! It was rather good.

1 Like

I miss teaching. There is nothing better that helping a dedicated student progress.

I love teaching music it such a great thing, I do it at camp. I’m thinking of pursuing a career in it, that or recording/production

Fellow Piano-man checking in! Holllllaaaaaa!

I started piano lessons at a young age at my mother’s insistence, but I never actually wanted to do it so I never practised, much to my teacher’s chagrin. So even though I’ve been doing it off and on most of my life, I’m nowhere near as good as I could have been had I really put the time in. I’m about good enough to impress your average person, but be looked down upon by anyone genuinely talented at piano. I never bothered to learn to read sheet music properly, and I can’t sight-read to save my life, so I have to rely on muscle memory for all of the songs.  :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a Ludovico Einaudi man myself, ‘Nuvole Bianche’ is one of my favourite pieces to play:

I’ll pretty much play any of his songs, and as much as I try to explore other composers, I keep coming back to them. Learned a few Yiruma songs as well, he’s got a pretty sweet style. I plan on learning “All of me” by Jon Schmidt at some point… but it’s a daunting proposition so I keep putting it off.

Spent the past couple of days learning “When I see you again” from the latest F&F film. Not exactly a classic, but people love it, so it’ll be a great one to bust out next time I go to a mate’s house that owns a piano.  :wink:

Noah I can’t watch your video on this computer at the moment, but I look eagerly forward to checking out your playing when I return home. :slight_smile:

since gambits posted the music he likes im gonna follow his lead…

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpxtuUQ28UM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfPTHFPO_hs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ97crvBpzg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3_njGussgU

these are just a few of the goodness in tsfh…

The music I play on my piano is many pieces I hear in Chinese/Japanese films, especially music related ones, and I had always had my heart tied to such beautiful and powerful music. One of the challenges I am currently facing is Saint-Saens’ “The Swan” aka " Le Cygne". Arpeggios aren’t my forte so that is one conflict I am facing as well as some of intonation issues I faced. However, success is slowly, but surely, and hopefully I can at least play it through roughly, and then finally polish it. Here it is if you guys want to hear it, and try to find its underlying message through the mood and pitch of the piece: