Anyone around Minneapolis - St Paul area?

The Eden Prarie yoyo night is now on Thursdays

In the Spring, I will hopefully do a meet-up and a giveaway in a outdoor place where we can all meet up and throw yoyos on the grass. Probably at the big Cherry Spoon at the Sculpture Garden in Minneapolis. I am going to figure which yoyo out of my YYE Winter Giveaway prize to do a raffle as a prize for showing up. I might do two giveaways if there’s enough people. The giveaway raffle is just to help make people show up. In Minnesota, the snow can last all throughout Spring, so that’s why I said hopefully in Spring. Otherwise Summer isn’t too bad.

Picture by Sproston found on Google Images

Hmmm, looks like they need to update their calendar.  :wink:
http://www.airtrafficonline.com/store/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=6

Or maybe one needs to call first to verify.

DoubleBass is correct, the day was recently changed to Thursday but Airtraffic isn’t exactly on top of updating their website. I won’t be there next week but there’s plenty of yoyoers that regularly go, It’s lots of fun!

So I have 4 local yoyo stores around 7-30 minutes away from me. They are all Air Traffic Toys stores operated and owned by Minnesotans. This month only, they have all yoyos 25-45 percent off. All the Yoyos above 80 bucks are 45 percent off.

I went to my Burnsville Center location yesterday. They already sold their Ricochet and had nothing in stock that interested me left. I went to the Mall of America location today and they didn’t have Ricochet but they had a YYJ Next Level which was 45 percent off. I went ahead and pulled the trigger as soon as I saw it.

It’s beautiful,

EDIT: Also picked up a Supernova 7075 before the sale ended.

Well, looks like it’s getting warmer outside, Friday is going to be 61 degrees. Woohoo.

Hi, I’m also a south-burbs guy. Me (41) and my son (11) have been going to the Thursday night skill night at Air Traffic a bit. He’s out of state for spring break this week, but we’ll be there next week. There’s supposed to be a special guest yo-yoer.

I also want to go see the state contest next week in Eden Prairie. It would be cool to meet up there if anyone else is going to compete or watch.

Eric

I’ll be at the contest most likely with a camera and gray backpack.

I’ll be there with a red sack that says Duncan International Yo-Yo World Championship. I won’t compete but I’ll be watching.

This is the first one of these I’ll have been to. Will the sponsors have booths or something? We could pick something like that as a meet up point.

Probably only Air Traffic.

You guys, I got a reply from the Minnesota State Yo-yo contest on what time it starts. They said the Ladder starts at 9:45am so come earlier around 9:20 to sign your waivers through.

Hey guys, new pictures are up.

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,83737.0.html

Sorry to miss the contest. My son came down sick the night before.

Anyone coming to Skill Night at the Burnsville Air Traffic tonight?

I live in Cambridge which is about an hour north of Minneapolis but I go to the cities a lot. I am 27 today and have only been yoyoing for about 5 months.I started with the sage from YYF but I just got my One Drop code 2 yesterday. I also have been looking for people in MN to practice with. I feel that if I can find a club I will be able to learn a lot faster. SO for its been going really well and I know a ton of tricks but now that I’m getting into the longer more challenging tricks I could really use some guidance.

Hi guys, it’s almost Summer, although it feels like Summer already. We should host a event meet-up sometime soon. We should probably try to host one in the Twin Cities area next month, probably the museum park with the Big Cherry Spoon.

To try to get people to come, I am about number 22 in the pre-order of the Titanium dream that comes with a aluminum and over-sized plastic variant. I’m going to keep the Titanium one for sure and possibly do a giveaway raffle for those who come, of course the giveaway is going to be the aluminum and plastic variants of the dream. I’m not sure yet about using those as giveaways, so we’ll see.

Cheers.

I’ll definitely come if I can

Yes! I live in that area near you! Me and my yoyo friends go to the Eden prairie yoyo club in the airtraffic there. It’s a big showing and has many great yoyoer. You should totally come. Especally this wee cause all of us are getting ready for the contest this Saturday. It’s ok Thursday’s from 6-8pm

Guys, I still have not opened up or tested the Aluminum Dream or Big Plastic Dream yet. I don’t think I will, I’m just going to leave it in the package and do a giveaway for the winners themselves to open it and be the first to test it. I am going to try and see if I can set-up a meet-up within the next 1-2 months and do a raffle giveaway for those yoyos as incentive to come. I want to try to get the biggest group of people I can that lives around the cities and suburbs area.