Short string, normal string, or long string?

Short for fast play, Long for flow and slack (or technical and complex mounts)
also depends on which style of yoyoing:
2A: Short
3A: Some play short i play up till belly button Im 5’6 by the way
4A: This one is kinda like 1A but long string is pretty much used by tons of people
5A: just a bit above belly button or at belly button
but some people really just have a personal preference mine are these
1A: Full Kitty
2A: short
3A: belly button
4A: almost Full Kitty
5A: just a bit above my belly button (bout 2 inches)

The longest.

Height should have no impact on what string length you prefer.

i have mine just under my chest, and recently i have been using shorter string to increase my accuracy and flowyness and it works. I tink its all reference and it just matters about the person.

So someone who stands a metre tall should have the same string length as someone who’s 3 metres tall???

(Yeah I know they’re dramatic exaggerations but… it’s possible…)

i can play my shutter sitting in a chair, and i keep the mmc on some uncut kitty fat.
anything fixed just gets stock type 10 cotton.

i definitely think that its easier to mash through stuff with short string, and easier to be ‘cleaner’ but i be keepin it dirty with the uncuts and bashing the ground and ceiling of my house daily.

I prefer full length kitty as well. I tried cutting one to belly button length before but it was way too cramped for me. Short strings definitely nice if you’re sitting in a chair though

I don’t even cut my kitty string and im like 5’10ish, I just stretch it and use it XD

#rebel :smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m 5’4 and I use string up to my belly button. That’s about 3 inches shorter than YYE poly length, which is really short in comparison to what everyone else uses. Definitely gives you more control than full length kitty.

Btw, the australian national yoyo champion uses a string slightly shorter than me so don’t think you won’t be able to do advanced tricks and combos with a short string :wink:

Your hands are the same distance apart no matter how tall you are

That isn’t true.

I Think it’s not true either! It’s also harder to not hit the yoyo on the ground when you are shorter and using longer strings.

I keep it from the floor to my knee. I am known as the most technical Yoyoer of all time.

JK mine usually is in between normal and long depending on my mood.

It’s true.

I play on the long side. I like the roomy feel. I’m more chill than speed, and I work with tons of slacks, whips, and technical mounts when I play. It helps

1 Like

I use kitty raw, if anything I try to make a very small opening for my finger then make a slipknot. Can’t play short string.

When I say that regardless of the height of the individual in question, the hands of the individual are spaced apart likewise to that of any other one individual, I am obviating that while playing with the yo-yo, the individual does not carry his hands in relation to string length in other ways than that of any other one individual, excepting any peculiar taste that that individual may have.

As you continue playing you will more than likely find yourself cutting strings longer and longer.
In my personal opinion playing with anything below your belly button is too short tho.

1 Like

My friend bought some 5 foot long string and he uses it full length. I was able to try it yesterday but it was so difficult to work with. :sob::joy:

1 Like

My string preferences seem to slowly change without me consciously deciding to go longer or shorter. I’ve found that if I put a new string on a yoyo as I’m putting it away for a while (so it’ll be ready the next time I want to use it), I almost always end up unhappy with the length when I go back to it.