Customer Service      FAQ      Email Sign Up      My Account      View Cart     
YoYoExpert Forums
March 27, 2017, 11:59:21 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Forums!  Try out our new and improved chat room!

Home   Chat Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best spin tops for a beginner?  (Read 1624 times)
JustYoYo
Trade Count: (3)

United States United States

Fav. Yo-Yo: yoyofficer- wait that's not a yoyo?
Fav. Trick: I like all of them!

Thank You
-Given: 6
-Receive: 4

all i need to do is justyoyo

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »

I really like the gladiator, imperial, and the side wonder, are they good for a beginner? Also fixed or bearing tip?

That's a Nifty Orbis does it orbit that Lava filled planet known as the sun? No? Wow that's a little off kilter and you are off kilter 2 with that weird Hatchet on your Belt! Another? That's a Hatchet 2! Careful don't let that nasty Imp steal it. But I am Eager to be Brave with my Musket *BAM*
kevinm
Trade Count: (22)

Fav. Trick: Frog in a Bag

Thank You
-Given: 134
-Receive: 174

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »

Chris Neff wrote the  'Getting Started with Spin Tops' sticky at the top of this
Spin Top discussion section.  If you would take a few minutes to read it, you will be
happy to find it answers all your questions and more.
You can't get help from anyone who is more skilled at teaching and throwing tops, and it's already
posted at the top of the spin top forum, so you can always find it and refer to it later. A lot of time and thought went into writing that for beginner spin top players, you would do well to take advantage of it.
Neff
Trade Count: (3)

Thank You
-Given: 25
-Receive: 81

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 12:02:03 AM »

I really like the gladiator, imperial, and the side wonder, are they good for a beginner? Also fixed or bearing tip?

Of those three, I would say Sidewinder for a beginner.  A Sidewinder with a bearing tip is called a Blizzard, but get a Trompo Bearing instead if you get a Spintastics bearing top.

Chris Neff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: