Are there any yoyoers, near LA?

if you make it I’m in but can we consider like a mall or something maybe if not redo no is fine just cuz I live in compton:-) :slight_smile:

im in westwood

I live in Lynwood, I sometimes go to the Duncan cart at Downtown Disney, it’d be nice to have some place a bit closer. Compton and Bell are close to me from the replies I’ve seen. I’m willing to meet fellow throwers around me no doubt!

I guess no one actually wants to meet around here? :frowning:

I live here in Compton, so we and many others could meet up :wink: I also mostly go to the Sunshine Kite Company club, to talk to Yoshi from time to time ;D

We’re basically neighbors, I stay in Lynwood.

I live in Fontana. glad to hear there some So Cal yoyoers! From time to time I do go out to Orange County, and LA. ;D

West LA here. I’m pretty new too, not sure I’d contribute much in learning but you could feel good teaching. :wink:

San Gabriel valley and Los Angeles resident! 24 years old looking for some Yoyo stores near me tired of shopping online and having to wait a week lol.

Alright so we are not too far for a meet up. I’m going to be 15 so I’m probably the youngest within this group so start a new post and list a few locations that are viable to you and we’ll have a vote as to where is the best location that works for all of us. Then we’ll choose a date and time to meet up! I open to the idea of a yoyo club in LA. I think it’s time for me to interact with others that share the same interest in yoyoing! :smiley:

Do you guys want to make a meet this weekend?

I usually go to the sunshine kite company yoyo club in redondo beach. I should be going this weekend. This could be a place for at least a few of us to meet up. Until a so-cal yoyo club can be established ;D professional yoyoer Yoshi Mikamoto is there mostly every Saturday.

We all can possibly my meet up at Nationals this year. If anyone has not heard, it will be in Redondo beach this year in September! We can designate a spot for most so-cal throwers to meet ;D

Giving this a cheeky bump, for anyone who lives near by :wink:

I am so down for bringing the Redondo peir back to it’s former glory. I used to meet up there all the time and now its just Yoshi Mikamoto blowing bubbles at people passing by. Saturday from 3-late is typically when meetings are and Grant johnson, Rojas, Alex Hattori, Patrick Borgerding (at least I think), and Ty Goldberg all got their start there.

Who’s Ty Goldberg? Goldman maybe?

I’m in for meeting at the rb pier. I’m new to this(2 months) and am looking to meet and learn from other enthusiasts.

Side note: I went in to the kite shop at the pier roughly a month ago inquiring about their free yoyo classes. The guy said they were going to cancel the classes cause no one ever bought anything from their shop. Worst timing ever for me!!

Yeah, I’d love to bring the kite shop back to what it once was, a place with many eager players. The kite shop just needs more promotion to new players, around the area.

HEY GUYS WE all live closeby and we really should get this meetup going

yoyomaster lives in compton

someguybrian lives in lynwood

and Trickster and the rest on the Thread seem to live pretty close too

You can Text me at (323)557-5079 or PM so we can all set up a group chat or group text and meetup where everyone agrees and a good date and time

I CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU THROWERS

I BELIEVE WE GET SOMETHING GOING

Did you guys ever get anything going? Im in Venice. Id love to find some people to throw with.