Konkave bearing and Center Trac Bearing

Hi guys, I am newbie and I am a little bit confuse between Center Trac Bearing and Konkave Bearing, I don’t know which one is better since they look alike each other, and I am currently using the Center Trac Bearing but since I have learn more tricks and develop a higher skill level, I was about to change to Konkave bearing. However, I didn’t know if it is the best bearing among the bearing? I am looking forward from you guys

Thank you very much,
Sincerely,

Ray Vu

Konkave Bearings are smoothly curved across the bearing:

(Note, the above picture isn’t a genuine Dif-E-Yo Konkave, but it was a good picture to show the difference.)

Center Tracs on the other hand have sloping sides with a flat strip around the center of the bearing:

As far as differences in play go, they are minimal. Both of them keep the string away from the response at the side of the bearing, and besides that I haven’t really noticed much of a difference between the two in play.

Bearings really don’t matter all that much. There are people that still swear by and compete with flat bearings (Josh Yee for example) and it doesn’t hold them back at all. Really it all comes down to a matter of how noisy they are and that’s pretty much it, so don’t get hung up on it too much. :slight_smile:

1 Like