2014 Mystery Box *SPOILER ALERT* - Official Discussion Thread

I guess I’ll have to admit that I look at posts like this and literally laugh. I think most of the other adults are laughing too. Even if you saw the boxes in stock, even if you were the first one to get on when the countdown ended, you were not guaranteed to get a box. You could have created the best of circumstances for yourself, and still not get what you wanted. This was based on “luck,” because as they advertised, the boxes, especially the larger boxes, were of very limited quantity. Every Black Friday store event, online, or off-line involves sheer luck as part of success. You can create the best of circumstances for yourself, but you are not entitled, and there was no guarantee. They advertised that this event is luck based, and there are very limited quantities.

I did not get a collector’s box, what I was aiming for, but I only really dedicated myself to paying attention to announcements the first day. I did not get one, and got what was available instead, to take part in the “mystery,” and get a shot at the grand prize. I laughed at myself when I struck out, and then life moved on. I can use that other money toward other Black Friday shopping.

The $50 boxes were in stock for some time after the countdown on each of the three days. If you were like me, and you were chasing the larger box with the worst chance of success, you may have gambled and lost. I spent a long time trying to get the collector’s box, then when it was out of stock, I had to join everyone else, and try to get the small box. The small boxes were available, so how about one of those?

I guess nevermind the fact that YoyoExpert and YoyoFactory give you an opportunity to take advantage of a sale like this. Nevermind that some of us have fun with the process, and the chance to get what we wanted, or not, while in competition with everyone else. Nevermind that they gave us three days, and three different ways to get notice about it. Nevermind that they put up with silly questions, and preparation and time away from regular store business for days to set this up. Nevermind that you had a great chance of getting a small box, when the larger boxes were out of stock. Nevermind that you were forewarned that there was limited quantity and there was “luck” involved in the process. Nevermind that little kids, who apparently don’t know how computers work, kept refreshing their browser, instead of being patient with the system, which caused the crashing in the first place.

It doesn’t seem any error was made by the store, but even if it was, I guess nevermind the good work they do all year long, all the sponsoring and charities, because you didn’t get a premium mystery box. If you really wanted a mystery box, you should have been trying all three days. What is your excuse for not getting one on Monday and Tuesday? You were not waiting for a PM on those days. If you tried just one day and struck out, you had an even worse chance of getting a premium box.

I might be the only one, but part of the fun of the mystery boxes for me, is reading the messages of the people who are real sore after they don’t get anything. These things are so much fun. :smiley:

7 Likes

Total Artist’s words of wisdom thanks TA that post puts this whole thing in words its fun just to try to get it. Last year i was a hardcore guy i had a timer set up and was hawking the site it took me till the very last sale to get one this time i waited thirty minutes then still got the first try. This is all about the experience, whether or not you get a box or not its all about having fun,

1 Like

TA tellin’ it like it is.

1 Like

Looks like the 50$ box is still in stock? they must have made too many…

TA’s reality check is a must-read for each year they have this event.

More people can join in on the fun! That last box could even be the grand prize! There are still 6 available at 3:30 am.

i had to work every morning X_X,and i dont have a cell phone nor a tablet so when im at work,i have no chance at all,maybe next year though,i had my 250$ waiting for a premium and the 1st release boxes,missed out on them big time,outback steakhouse ruins everything XD

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

I think it’s easy for people to feel like they’re the only ones that have missed out, however the fact is there are plenty of people on here in the exact same situation, and probably even more that don’t post on these forums. We were all in the same boat, nobody had any advantage and plenty of us missed what we were aiming for.

You have to go into this accepting the fact that you might not bag a mystery box. Every year it’s chaos, every year people miss out… it’s just the name of the game. You can’t let it become that important to you that it genuinely affects your happiness if you miss out; putting all your hope in something so uncertain is just bound to lead to dissapointment.

This was my first year joining the rat race and it was great fun to be a part of. The thrill, the suspense, the heartache… I’ve been taken on a rollercoaster of emotion by a simple cardboard box… and I loved it. :smiley:

If I had the choice between a collectors box and a porterhouse from an American Steakhouse… I would choose the steak. :wink:

As of this writing there are still three $50 boxes left. :slight_smile: Go get one!

Ima vegetarian XD so…im on that cardboard box XD.it doesnt affect me too much though,just a slight glitch in my head,but i got 250$ i thought i was gonna spend back in my pocket XD,but the holidays are here so that money is gonna fly.

NO!,i pulled my money out like 2 hours ago X_X i was gonna pay my rent early…i need to go get a paypal card X_X…X_X

0 in stock it seems now :slight_smile:

I’ve been doing lots of asking on the yyf ask fm. I think there will be a new Yoyo in there (like a detour) even though I’m not completely sure. Check the yyf ask fm

^
The release would coincide with people getting their boxes …

Is the new signature releasing next week.?

Got the small box on Monday. It was so nerve wracking going through check out. It took forever, I though I wasnt getting one because of how long it was taking. Went back to the new releases page to see they were still in stock and realized it wasn’t as close as I though. Still super fun, can’t wait for it to get here.

$50 box. Total fluke, only come here every few months or so. I didn’t realise they were that limited. I feel bad reading through the forums of people who didn’t get one.

The people who “didn’t get one” were mostly complaining about the premium and collector’s boxes selling out so quickly. Most people who wanted a regular box got one if they wanted one. Otherwise they really weren’t on top of their game yesterday, because they didn’t sell out for quite a while.

I scored a $50 on Monday, and I think I was one of the very few who got a $100 on Wednesday. Very excited, I’ll be avoiding the forums on Saturday until Monday night to save the surprise.

Dat David Ung Siggy Doe

Last year by this time the contents of the box had been pretty much pointed out. This one is tuff. There is a ton of supernovas and dienastys in stock. So that’s my guess. Monday seems so far away.