Live Chat w/ Mark Montgomery - TOMORROW at 8PM EST!

Do you see yourself competing again at some point in the future? If anything at least for the fun of putting out a new freestyle.
:slight_smile:

Who came up with the mastermind marketing scheme?

Favorite color of the Classic?

What is your trick making process? and how long can it take you to create a new trick? Who are your inspirations for creating tricks?

Oh yeah how do you access the chat when it’s online?

Any advice for yoyo players that are planning on getting to a higher yoyo level?

Mark, waywt?

Is the Markmont a good competition competitor, if so what is so great about it that allows it to be able to compete at higher levels of competition play?

From our friends on instagram!

adrianvelez_ - How long does mark practice everyday? What goals was he trying to meet while making this yoyo? And is Adrian Velez one of his favorite players? I should be top 5.

carbar45 - Lol, how many different hair styles have you had?

brianmelford - How does it feel being black?

troytheyoyoguy - I know youre a busy man. Do you ever find it difficult to juggle both your yoyoing career and your work? Do you feel like your personal life is holding you back from certain yoyo goals or do you feel like you’re meeting your goals accordingly?

e_graham - Alright I got one: Besides your signature throws, what are your other favorite One Drop models? BONUS QUESTION: Why don’t you post on Instagram? Hahaha… DOUBLE BONUS: @morgannewton wants to know if the flat top is easy to maintain?

mikemonty - If any, what non-yo-yoing activities does Mark draw inspiration from for yoyoing? Example: a 2a player may be able to leverage poi skills to improve their 2a tricks.

backspace_101 - What type of personal process goes into trick creation?!

We will be live streaming from here:

Any possibility of any contest giveaways? I throw my project religiously and really want a new throw. This looks awesome, but my girl has a birthday coming up, and Christmas (Not trying to end up in the doghouse spending her gift money on a yoyo :wink:

Besides your own signature yo-yo, which yo-yo release have you been most impressed with this year? What have you been playing recently? And, what non-One Drop throws do you enjoy?

I would like I ask mark:
Would you use this yoyo to compete with?

“The yoyo I designed specifically for my preferences and play style is not my favourite yoyo”.

“The only kind of play a yoyo can be designed for is competition play. The only characteristic that makes a yoyo likable is how well it competes.”

Also,
Is this your favorite signature yoyo yet?

You didn’t ask my question. I am most disappointed and I know the rest of the community is as well.

Other than that it was great to hear Mark talk about his yoyoing career and his new throw. Congrats on a nearly successful interview.

It isn’t a Truvth or something, Paul Dang competes with it.

Whose quote is that, PatCondon? I disagree with it, and would be curious to know who I’m disagreeing with. :wink:

Fictitious, fabricated to address the absurdity of a yoyo being built towards someone’s preferences immediately being their favorite, and somehow also optimal for their competition play because of that sole reason.

Kinda wish it was real, it would justify the aneurism I suffered while typing it.

1 Like